Moderator: Demon Hunters

Stask

Post#16 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:03 pm

Tachion wrote:read this as "Fathom Lord goes down on YaWA"

"Why do you have to reduce everything to the level of sex?"
"It saves time."

-The Wimp and Animal, Herman's Head
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

ryeku

Post#17 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:09 pm

grats guys=D keep it up your all doing well
Thievery is not what other's make of it, but what you get from it.
-Ryeku

Arlan

Post#18 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Great job everyone! I hope to actually be able to raid again in a few weeks when I'm not swamped with term papers.

Ginxx

Post#19 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:13 am

Gratz yawa! I cant wait to be back!

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#20 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:08 am

And again last night. 5 SSC bosses in two nights. We are definitely ready to face Vashj.

And Al'ar. Dunno why we can't kill that big flaming birdie.

Polarside

Post#21 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:58 am

I can tell you why...We are holding on to the adds.
Shhh! Theres a dead horde in my trunk. Wanna see it? Fuck around and you'll be it.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#22 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:20 am

True. The reason we're doing it that way is because you can take a huge chunk of Al'ar's health away in Phase 2 by killing the adds from Phase 1. Of course, the problem is controlling them so they don't blow everyone up while this is being done.

The classic strat has the Phase 1 adds killed as they spawn, taking care to stun them before they die so melee can get clear. This has obvious advantages because it makes the Phase 2 transition a lot simpler to execute, but Phase 2 will take longer as a result. Our DPS should be able to beat the enrage timer without any trouble, but there's a lot of raid damage that has to be dealt with.

There are a couple of ways that we can execute the transition if the adds are not killed in Phase 1:

* Get all the adds down to 5% health or so, then kill one and only one so the tank gets knocked back. The remaining adds will chase him and can be killed en route without risking melee deaths. A Frost Trap or Piercing Howl might help here.
* Have a Warrior Tank Shield Wall and Challenging Shout before the burn down. Make sure he gets badass heals.

Having the Paladin tank bubble is not a viable strategy because the adds will then start chasing down healers or DPS.

However, if it results in a smoother transition, I have no problem with killing the adds in Phase 1.

Ahlyzabeth

Post#23 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:37 am

*wall of text crits you for 30,000k*

Strats for other bosses aside.

YaWA you guys are doing so great! Its awesome being a part of this team, I wouldnt want to be anywhere else!

Gratz again on being fabulous!
You're the boss, applesauce!

Stask

Post#24 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:03 pm

3 more bosses to Hyjal. That's what I'm seeing. :-)

And where is Lyz getting her avatars? Will someone please tell me?
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Brulan

Post#25 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:35 pm

I know as Second Impact, we soulstoned the pally tank... put him right in the door way, start AOE and KABOOM! then he rezzed up and kept going.

Keeping in the doorway kept him from getting knocked back, instead he just went stright up and straight back down, that way the little birds never went anywhere
No.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#26 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:40 pm

Here's the thing: once he dies the adds break loose and go killing people, so we have to coordinate having them drop as close together as possible. The safer kill is what I said before: allow the tank to get knocked back so he doesn't take damage from the other adds blowing up. They will still go after him, so as long as you can predict which way he flies, you can down the other adds without blowing anyone else up.

In this case preventing the knockback is actually not desirable.

Heartwood

Post#27 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:48 pm

Stask wrote:And where is Lyz getting her avatars? Will someone please tell me?

If you are looking for online pr0n I would recommend www.boobsofwow.com

-Heart
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Return to “You and Whose News?”