Naxx 25, Dec 2nd

News and Updates about Clan YaWA

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Elvenbane
Leader

Naxx 25, Dec 2nd

Post#1 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Yes, it's true. We'll be making our first push into Naxx 25 on Dec 2nd.

For the most part it took a lot less time to hit 80 than previously expected so we're looking to make a quick push into 25m content and get back on track with progression.

With that said, Naxx 10 and other 10 man instaces are and will continue to be on Pug Status until further notice. No dkp will be awarded/spent in those raids and loot rules are up to the organizer, though typically they will follow Need > Greed + Don't be a dick.
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Taralash

Post#2 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:09 pm

Naxx 25 is much closer in difficulty to the old world, 40 man raid. That being said, it is recommended that you be decently geared. Decently is a loose guideline, mainly we're looking for quest blues, maybe a crafted epic or two. I ain't expecting fully pimped out, epic-clad behemoths to clusterfuck Naxx - no one is. What is more important is that you have read up on the strategies and understand them fully, as they are more involving than most of SSC, TK... etc, and often more unforgiving.

Arlan

Post#3 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:19 pm

Wow that was fast. I was planning on hitting 80 over the holiday weekend, but that leaves no time to gear up for 25 mans. I'm currently 76 and I still haven't found many upgrades to BT/Hyjal/badge gear. I don't want to be left behind in progression, but I also don't want to be a hinderance to the raid if I'm still wearing 50% BC epics.

Kendalh
Demon Hunter

Post#4 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:38 pm

That's fine Arlan. Gear isn't much of an issue right off the bat. If you have quest blues and a few crafted/heroic epics, you should be fine. This isn't TBC where you have to be fully epic'd to step foot into a 25-man.

zephar

Post#5 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:48 pm

Any guesstimates when you think we will be running guild 10mans in for Naxx?
I crit perception so hard that I could see why people love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

" I saw a baby [ panda ] sneeze in a video and it telepathicly gave me a bonar. Cosmic Powers "

Brulan

Post#6 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:59 pm

Already started naxx 10 man this week.
No.

zephar

Post#7 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:53 pm

zomgz
I crit perception so hard that I could see why people love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

" I saw a baby [ panda ] sneeze in a video and it telepathicly gave me a bonar. Cosmic Powers "

Kalianna

Post#8 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:21 am

Sorry guys I doubt I'll be even close to 80 by then. Oh well my loss. Good Luck and save me some loot.
Please someone, give me the knowledge to only Blink when I should.

Gnomerman

Post#9 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:28 am

well kali.. if we arn't 80 by then that means when we get there everyone will have the sweet epics and we won't have to blow the big dkp on it :)

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Stask

Post#10 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm hoping I'll hit 80 by next Tuesday but it's gonna be close.
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Taralash

Post#11 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:51 pm

IF YOU ARE LEVEL 80 SIGN UP!
Don't be so sensitive about your gear!
We have 9 sign ups so far, which isn't enough by a longshot. Please sign up if you have a level 80 character.

Palehorse

Post#12 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:52 pm

iirc there's at least 12 lvl 80s in the guild atm :)

Stask

Post#13 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:25 pm

Argh, even if I make 80 by Tueday night (I just made 77 today), I may have to forgo the Naxx raid if I don't find someone to take my night shift on Dec 2.

I'll keep you all posted.

Palehorse

Post#14 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:50 pm

l2bribewheedlecajolesubtlyinfluenceetc? :P

apparently they don't teach you everything in law school ;-)

Stask

Post#15 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:25 pm

Palehorse wrote:l2bribewheedlecajolesubtlyinfluenceetc? :P

apparently they don't teach you everything in law school ;-)

No, they don't teach us everything in law school, they just teach us about the law. That's why it's called "law school" and not "everything school." Go figure. :-P

Rather than "wheedlecajolesubtlyinfluenceetc" as you so succintly put it, Pale, I may just have to call in sick that night. I haven't called out sick in months.

Return to “You and Whose News?”