Macros for raids

Druid class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Lokran

Macros for raids

Post#1 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:56 pm

Ok habit from last guild ,all druids had battle res and innervate on macros that would announce in raid u are goin to cast so if priest calls for innervate u will see message castin innervate,same for battle res this helps avoid dual castin resses and innervates. Just make macro
/raid casting battle res %t
/pause 2
/cast rebirth

now if you see this and u are second gives u chance to move so spell dont cast and first one to start casts ,innervate works same way

/raid casting innervate %t
/pause 2
/cast innervate

the %t for those unfamiliar is whatever your target is .

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:30 am

I wrote an addon that will correctly identify whom you're targeting any given spell on and announce it in /say. Now that it's working properly with 2.0, I'll see if I can't upload it somewhere so you guys can see it.

And I don't know where you got the "/pause 2" command, but it's not part of the standard UI. You can't cast spells on a delay.

Lokran

Post#3 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:38 am

the pause 2 prob from my swg days ,thought it worked in this game also ,as it just tellin macro to pause as the line after is actually the cast line the first line is just sayin u gonna cast

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#4 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:03 pm

Some addons provide a way to do things on a delay, but you can't use that to cast spells or perform actions. The WoW developers feel that any type of automated gameplay is absolutely forbidden and will not permit the kinds of macros you're talking about to work.

Return to “Druid”