[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Just in case I really DO go Resto... - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Just in case I really DO go Resto...

Druid class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Stask

Just in case I really DO go Resto...

Post#1 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:31 pm

What's a good spec for Resto druids? I'm debating whether to put any points into of the Healing Touch or Tranquility enhancing talents since I figure I'm gonna be in Tree form during raids and can't cast either of those spells in Tree form.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: is something I came up with just off the cuff. Suggestions to improve this are welcome.
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:15 pm

It doesn't get much better than that for pure healing. I'd move one point from Starlight Wrath to Nature's Grasp, just because it's more effective there, but otherwise you've hit all the key points.

An alternative that lets you grind but still makes you a very powerful healer: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 1402000000.

This is the classic Dreamstate healing build, relying on powerful Healing Touches.

Fenix

Post#3 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:53 pm

Or if u like the feral go with

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 1502000000

it worked wounders for raiding and quests with my friends druid

Context

Post#4 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:41 am

i'm not gonna lie fenix...i was really hoping you were offering a straight-feral spec so i could text rape you for not reading the subject line lol.

/sigh.

please edit your spec and repost so that this may occur.

kthxbai

...have trigger, will travel...

Rayhort

Post#5 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:07 am

Is the build I plan on going on my druid. The dream-state healing build has its advantages for 5 mans, but in a raid setting healing touch is complete crap so I don't feel loosing swift-mend is worth it.

Fenix

Post#6 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:53 pm

Obanswrath

Post#7 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:43 am

ok, what ever spec you went with, needs adjustment, one thing i have found for my toon is i have buddha to enjoy myself, and oban is there for the guild, he cannot solo for shyt, i sacrificed that to be a better party and raid healer (not that i am the greatest by any means, hell if you saw my Nethspite, antics you would argue otherwise). You have been getting some good drops, but looking at the charts the amount you are healing for is low, I know this is something that will get a lot better, I know that it has been a long time since you where resto, but I tend to believe the spec more than your skill that is off.

Tachion

Post#8 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:53 am

I definitely dont know jack about resto. I just take advantage of my gear bonuses :D.

When ive considered resto in the past (rarely!) I was looking into a spec something like this:
see EB's post....
Maybe ill have to go lurk on some resto druids and see what they got for spec, to see whats up.

BTW stask. TYVM for going resto. You took quite a sacrafice for other druids and guild. If you ever need help on farming shit that would have been quite easy in the past on stask, lemme know. Im more than willing to help out when i can :D
Last edited by Tachion on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#9 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:57 am

Tach... you linked a Feral spec noob.

Stask, I'm gonna hafta agree with Oban on this one. I know your original plan was to spec solely as a 25m healer, but you can't really camp out in tree form for 5 and 10 mans, not being able to throw down big heals just puts too much work on the other (if there is one) healer. Also, not having Naturalist just seems like a bit of a hypocracy if you plan on healing, .5 seconds is a long time. is the closest thing I can think of, to your spec, that I'd use if I was resto. However, if I was going to maximize healing potential I'd spec something like
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Tachion

Post#10 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:32 pm

heh..i just reworked an existing one and forgot to save it i guess..ill repost in a second

Tachion

Post#11 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:36 pm

after looking at your 4/0/57, thats exactly what i had. Except I shifted 2 of the wrath points into natural shapeshifter. I cannot tell you 1 time that i have not had to go bear in a 5man to keep my face being pounded from an angry mob. Especially if you have EB in your party. He likes to scramble the egg...

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#12 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:55 pm

The is pretty clear cut. There are 59 points in the Restoration tree that directly or indirectly improve your healing. Of the remaining 2, one should go in Nature's Grasp, just to give you some ability to survive when soloing content, and the last one can go in OoC in the event you need to go bear (or, heaven help you, cat). There's also the very rare situation where meleeing for a free spellcast is worthwhile, especially since you don't have Moonkin Form.

Again, if you're full-time raid healing, you need to maximize your healage, period. DPS talents are a luxury that you take when you run out of healing stuff.

However, if you're looking for a Healing Touch build (skipping Tree of Life entirely), you have a couple of choices. A can be good for Heroic and 10-man healing. Finally, there's the , which completely sacrifices HoTs in favor of extremely efficient HTs However, the latter build loses a lot of what makes a raiding Druid efficient.

Stask

Post#13 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:27 pm

Stask

Post#14 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:46 pm

Ahlyzabeth

Post#15 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:10 pm

You're the boss, applesauce!

Return to “Druid”