Resto question

Druid class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Rayhort

Resto question

Post#1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:38 am

If you have both rejuv and regrowth on a target and you swiftmend which one does it consume?

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:21 am

Whichever one it feels like? ^_^

Back in my Resto raiding days, I believe I remember that it typically consumed the HoT with the least remaining duration - either that or the first cast, which is usually the same thing. Then again, before the BC talent changes, you very seldom cast Regrowth because it was too expensive mana-wise for the healing it gave. Obviously, the cost reduction in BC combined with Tree of Life change that formula greatly.

Rao

Post#3 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:21 pm

Found this on the boards, i assume it is still true.

The heal is determined by duration remaining, swiftmend will consume the heal with the least time left, and it can also consume other druids rejuvs/regrowths.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#4 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:20 pm

Rao wrote:The heal is determined by duration remaining, swiftmend will consume the heal with the least time left, and it can also consume other druids rejuvs/regrowths.

Yes, that sounds right. It syncs up with what I remember when I was raiding pre-BC. It was fun to sometimes Swiftmend some other Druid's HoT; you could tell by the amount of healing done that it had happened.

Now, with the buff duration indicators, it's actually easier than ever to tell which HoTs belong to you, and to know when you need to refresh them.

Return to “Druid”