[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Boomkin DPS Sheet - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Boomkin DPS Sheet

Druid class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Tachion

Boomkin DPS Sheet

Post#1 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:48 pm

I got bored today and finally tried out the Jerk's DPS theorycraft sheet for boomkins. Its surprising accurate for some stuff, of course does not have the human factor. Anyway...all in all pretty cool. What I've found from this spreadsheet is that I will see no noticable DPS increase until T5-6... /wrist

After filling this out, one thing that I will be trying in the next few fights is to remove insect swarm out of my rotation completely, and doing a SFx4 MFx1 rotation with the Idol of the unseen moon instead of the SF idol.

I will also be experimenting with idol swapping macro's to see if i can get any increase from it. From what I've read, it actually lowers DPS, but I must try it myself!

All in all, if you havent checked out their class specific spreadsheets already, and you want to increase your numbers, you should.

http://elitistjerks.com/forums.php

Also check this out for trinket dps info: http://wiki.shadowpriest.com/index.php? ... kets/Druid
Last edited by Tachion on Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:34 pm

I've used the latest version of their spreadsheet, and it's told me some rather interesting things. With my gear, my best rotation is still SFx4 ISx1, but if mana is not an issue I do better inserting an occasional MF as well. The biggest single influence is the presence of a Shadow Priest. I get more than double the mana longevity with one in the raid. I may pick up that Idol as well, just to see how it affects my DPS.

Also, we need to see about having our Paladins maintain Judgement of Wisdom on long DPS fights. I know they try, but it's absolutely critical to maximizing mana. For that reason alone, I'd support putting a Retribution Paladin into our composition, except that we don't have one.

Stask

Post#3 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:01 pm

"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#4 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:33 pm

Stask

Post#5 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:38 pm

"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Tachion

Post#6 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:52 pm

I will be experimenting with this cast rotation:

/cast MF

/cast SF
/equip [noequip]Ivory idol of the moongoddess

/cast SF

/cast SF

/cast wrath
/equip [noequip]Idol of the unseen moon

there is better, but i dont feel like having 2 starfire buttons, and i figure that i may have a better chance to proc a NG now and then, which would give me a 3rd starfire on the idol of the unseen moon proc. WOOT

Tachion

Post#7 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Tried above w/ ok results. End result of best cast cycle is:

macro #1 x3

#showtooltip Starfire
/cast Starfire
/equip [noequipped: Ivory Idol of the Moongoddess] Ivory Idol of the Moongoddess

Macro #2 x1

#showtooltip
/cast Starfire
/equip [noequipped: Idol of the Unseen Moon] Idol of the Unseen Moon

Moonfire x1

Results:

Before idol swapping w/ Starfire idol equipped - 750 dps
Before idol swapping w/ Moonfire idol equiped - 830 dps
Using Idol Swapping - 920 dps

All results were with only self buff.

My boomstick just got bigger!

Return to “Druid”