[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Balance Druid Idol swapping POST 2.4 - Page 2 - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Balance Druid Idol swapping POST 2.4

Druid class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#16 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Actually, EB, my current idol swapping macro equips the Idol of the Raven Goddess when I'm in a raid and the Starfire idol when I'm soloing. I'm just amazed at what my theorycrafting is telling me about how genuinely ineffective the Moonfire idol is in a standard casting rotation. You need at least 2x Moonfire per 12-13 sec for it to take the lead, which is a mind-boggling waste of mana and/or GCDs. About the only place it's useful is in MF/Wrath spam situations, placing it firmly on the PvP side of things.

Thanks Blizz for great f'ing itemization.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#17 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:29 am

Hmm, I did some reading on Elitist Jerks over the weekend and they seem to think that the Moonfire idol has a 50% proc rate instead of 30% as I originally thought. This changes my figures quite a bit. (Also, the SF idol is 55, not 57 - shows what I get by working from memory).

MFx1 SFx3: MF Idol 66.9, SF Idol 40.4
MFx1 SFx4: MF Idol 52.3, SF Idol 55.9
MFx1 ISx1 SFx3: MF Idol 57.5, SF Idol 35.4

Based on the above results, the Moonfire idol is clearly superior in most rotations.

I'm still not sure on its benefit vs. the Raven Goddess, though. Let's take the optimal rotation with 67 extra spell damage on average; that's 67/3 * 1.2 * 1.1 * 1.3 (crit) = approx. 38 DPS - call it 35 with Moonfire having a lower coefficient.

The extra 0.9% crit from the Raven Goddess increases DPS by approximately that amount; let's work that with various average DPS figures from each party member.

1000 ea * 0.009 = 9 DPS x5 = 45 DPS
1200 ea * 0.009 = 10.8 DPS x 5 = 54 DPS

So, the Raven Goddess comes out ahead when you consider its benefit to the raid as a whole, and the fact that its effect increases as the DPS of the party goes up, whereas the Moonfire idol has a static benefit based solely on the ratio of Moonfire in your rotation.

Edit: Fixed Starfire calculations... again.

Return to “Druid”