[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Balance Druid Idol swapping POST 2.4 - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Balance Druid Idol swapping POST 2.4

Druid class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Tachion

Balance Druid Idol swapping POST 2.4

Post#1 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:16 am

Thought I would share my results. All results are from Dr. Boom:

Just did some testing POST 2.4 w/ idol swapping. The absolute best cast cycle for me is:

3x - Macro 1
1x - Macro 2
1x - Moonfire

W/ slightly nerfed gear (not using the crusade card), my results were from 3 entire mana pools: 930, 905, 910 DPS self buffed

Other results were:

4x SF, 1x IS: 840, 815, 830 DPS
4x SF, 1x MF: 830, 815, 840 DPS
3x SF, 1x MF w/ idol swapping 730, 715, 740 DPS
5x SF w/ idol swapping: 730, 740, 715 DPS

the macros are:

Your cast cycle using idol swapping would be the following:

macro #1 x3

#showtooltip
/cast Starfire
/equip [noequipped: Ivory Idol of the Moongoddess] Ivory Idol of the Moongoddess

Macro #2 x1

#showtooltip
/cast Starfire
/equip [noequipped: Idol of the Unseen Moon] Idol of the Unseen Moon

Moonfire x1

There are other ways to do the starfire idol swap, but I have found them inconsistent for me. I lose on average 1/8th to 1/4 of GCD time with them. So im sticking with my way above...

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:00 am

kites

Post#3 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:02 am

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#4 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:17 am

By the way, Idol of the Raven Goddess adds 20 spell critical strike rating to the Moonkin aura in 2.4, up from 9 previously*. This makes it far better in a stacked raid group than the Starfire idol. I'd have to do some hard math to see how it interacts with Idol of the Unseen Moon. Obviously the latter is superior for soloing or 5-mans, but a T5 level Boomkin can do that without any problems already.

*It also adds 20 critical strike rating to the Leader of the Pack aura, and 44 healing to the Tree of Life aura.

Stask

Post#5 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:36 am

"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Kendalh
Demon Hunter

Post#6 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:43 am

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#7 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Stask

Post#8 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:14 pm

"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#9 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:41 pm

The "not working" part was supposedly addressed in 2.4, if you believe the patch notes. However, non-empirical testing is difficult since there is no tooltip or other way to explicitly see how much the Tree of Life aura is benefiting you. You can test it empirically by assuming ToL form and seeing how much your HoTs tick for with and without the idol.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#10 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:52 am

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#11 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Looks like 2.4.3 is gonna nuke idol swapping, unless we can rework these macros to avoid spell interruption from equipping gear. The only thing I can think of is only doing equipment swaps after instant cast spells, but that requires much more attention to the casting sequence. Hmm.

Tachion

Post#12 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:34 pm

yea that shit pissed me off. GG bliz

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#13 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:56 pm

Hey Tach... you probably have more time during the day to follow the Boomkin theorycrafting than I do, since I can't get to the EJ site from work. Post-idol swapping, has anyone theorycrafted out the relative DPS advantages of keeping the Idol of the Unseen Moon equipped 100% vs. the Ivory Idol of the Moongoddess?

In other words, is the 57 (or whatever) constant bonus damage to Starfire (which isn't increased by talents) more or less beneficial than a 30% chance per Moonfire to get 120 spell damage for 10 seconds on everything (which is increased by talents)?

I tried running my own math on it and, while I'm not sure I'm correct, I came up with some interesting figures. The left side is the rotation, the right side says the net spell damage benefit from each idol:
ISx1 SFx4: MF Idol 0, SF Idol 51
MFx1 SFx4: MF Idol 31, SF Idol 51
MFx1 Wx8: MF Idol 29, SF Idol 0
MFx1 ISx1 SFx3: MF Idol 35, SF Idol 43

So, unless my math is totally screwed up, the Starfire idol will always provide more net benefit than the Moonfire idol in any rotation that includes Starfire to any significant degree. Does this sound right? It boggles my mind.

P.S.: Obviously, the above figures do not include any spell haste. I'm not actually sure how much difference it would make, anyway. It might also be interesting to compare the relative benefits of the Idol of the Raven Goddess at different amounts of spell damage.

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#14 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:00 pm

FTW
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#15 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:42 pm

Dunno, all the bitching I'm seeing in the Moonkin DPS spreadsheet discussion is to haste or not to haste
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Return to “Druid”