[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
WotLK Druid tree (no pun intended) - Page 3 - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

WotLK Druid tree (no pun intended)

Druid class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#31 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:38 pm

I can see the argument for Natural Perfection vs. Empowered Touch - I guess it's just hard for me to give up completely on Healing Touch...

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#32 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:26 pm

Okay, here's something kind of disgusting. You know how Moonkin Form has a chance to regen mana on crits? Well, Starfall, Typhoon, and Hurricane can all crit. I leave the conclusion of this little story to the interested reader.

Item 2: Treants have a pet control bar now.

Item 3: Flight Form can interact with quest items (Mana Berries as my one example) without shifting back to caster. Apparently this means we can loot them while flying as well. I wonder how long that's gonna last.

Item 4: Nature's Grace does reduce the GCD of Wrath, even though the tooltip doesn't say so.

Item 5: 8K Starfire crits while soloing. Highest so far is 8.7K.

I managed to kill most of the same mobs that I did on Brendore; the only difference was I came out of it without full mana, and had to stop to heal myself from time to time. Mana consumption doesn't seem to be all that bad compared to when I solo as Balance on live; the major difference is that stuff dies faster.

Some additional thoughts: Despite Balance's very strong DPS, a Retribution Paladin will still be a superior grinder in almost all situations, because of the self-healing aspect. Balance can regen mana in combat and heal during downtime, but Retribution never has to stop, period.

Tachion

Post#33 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:57 pm

Palehorse

Post#34 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:45 pm

musings from a wotlk druid noob >_>....

I was kinda thinking of this 70 HoT build:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZZf0IuiuxVuVIst

And was thinking dumping 10 points into balance for a lvl 80 build:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0VGZZf0IuiuxVuVIst

I am wondering if HT is worth using as resto if it's castable in tree form, or for that matter tranq...unless everyone's taking raidwide damage, wouldn't WG be enough?

Stask

Post#35 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:57 pm

Here's my level 80 resto build, it's similar to Pale's but I went 12/0/59 instead of 10/0/61:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0iGZZf0IubuxVuAIst

Constructive comments only, please. :-P
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#36 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:57 pm

Well, you're off to a good start. Here's my critique.

First, Tranquil Spirit, for what it does, is a shameful waste of points. Maybe at 80, when we see how good Nourish is... but you still won't be spending any significant amount of time casting Healing Touch. It just doesn't play to the Druid's strengths. Instead of that, sub Genesis in your

At 80, then, you'll have room to get Nature's Splendor, as well as pick out any other useful talents from the Restoration tree.

Palehorse

Post#37 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:01 pm

imp tranq used as a filler?

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#38 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:21 pm

Not really - as Tachion said it's actually useful now; that talent will cut the cooldown to 2.5 mins, meaning it's usable in every encounter.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#39 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:14 am

Tachion

Post#40 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:53 am

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#41 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:55 pm

Tachion

Post#42 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:05 pm

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#43 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:12 pm

Our last raid had four trees, which I guess is intended to make up for the one Priest, 2 Paladins, and complete lack of Shaman. We can get away with this kind of crap at 70, but not 80. Then again, I remember when we started 25-mans and had nothing but Priests and Paladins for healing. The wheel turns...

And no offense, Tach, but while we aren't counting on you to attend raids, every experienced raider who abandons the cause means another newbie we have to train to get out of fires. You aren't improving our chances.

Tachion

Post#44 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:15 pm

Imporoving your chances is having people that have the attention span >= a nat. As far as me attending raids. I have done so by request, and only to help the same people that have given me shit for my present bad connection. Even knowing of my 1+ years of previous raid performance with YaWA. Half of these people cannot seem to stay out of the fire, learn boss strats, not /afk out during pull instructions, etc.

I have spent 100g out of my pocket everytime you all were short on comp, so that I could help out. No offense, but dont preach cause to me.

Return to “Druid”