Reminder - Raid Signups

Druid class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Lealla
Class Leader

Reminder - Raid Signups

Post#1 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:14 pm

What I am about to say obviously applies to everyone, but as a class leader, I'll post it here instead of on the main forums in the hopes that my fellow Druids will read it sooner and set an example for the rest of the guild.

I'll cut to the chase: if you are of rank Recruit or higher, you are expected to indicate your signup status for each and every scheduled raid, whether you plan to be present or not. This is a requirement of being a raider in YaWA.

Instructions for signing up may be found here. Some additional notes:
  • Signed Up = you will be logged in by invite time, ready for the first pull by start time, and will stay until the official end time. Exceptions must be entered as a note.
  • Cancelled = you will not be attending the night's raid. An explanation is appreciated but not required.
  • Not Sure = you don't know if you'll be able to attend or be online by invite time. Please include a note.

Now, my own individual comments:

• If your schedule excludes the possibility of raiding on certain days, please sign up as Cancelled for those days. There's a part of the raid signups page that lets you do this in advance in only a couple of clicks. Do us the courtesy of using it.
  • Please don't sign up as available and then put in your note that you aren't sure if you'll make it. If you are not sure, use the Not Sure option.
  • If you will be absent for an extended period of time, make sure to tell me or an officer via in-game whisper, mail, forum post, or PM.

Lastly, I will be keeping track of who signs up for raids among the Druid community, and this will be reviewed in combination with other factors when it comes time to evaluate raiders for promotion and/or demotion.

In summary, we do not require 80% or 100% raid attendance in this guild, but we do expect you to tell us when you can and cannot raid. Please help YaWA be successful by using the signup page.

With thanks,
Lealla (John), Druid Class Leader, Balance (acting Resto/Feral)
Last edited by Lealla on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kalianna

Post#2 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:22 am

Thanks Lealla, I hope the fact that I'm Druidless won't cause any problems. :)
This is a perfect spot for this note
I thought it might be a good time and place to let everyone know how things are going for me and when i might be back in the swing of things. First let me say that I will be away from WoW and Raids for around 2 more weeks. I've been very busy w/ home improvements and in the state of disorder around the house I have no place or desire to set my computer up. I have not signed up for all raids in that time period as "canceled" for obvious reasons. I want to be raiding and look forward to getting back up and going. I will continue to browse the forums daily and update my situation as needed.

See you soon,

Kali(Peter)
Please someone, give me the knowledge to only Blink when I should.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#3 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:31 pm

I am bumping this post as a fresh reminder - signups have been very weak of late. I'm going to start giving direct warnings to the most frequent culprits among the Druids.

Stask

Post#4 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:45 pm

Lealla wrote:I'm going to start giving direct warnings to the most frequent culprits among the Druids.

Eep.

*hides*
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Solde

Post#5 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:46 am

It's kinda hard to even sign up as "canceled" when you have no idea what day you're going to be where and when you might have interwebs, and when you won't... I think my situation, however, is a bit of an oddity, and can be pretty much ignored. :( Raiding is fun and all, and I miss it, but it's really hard to get to raids and harder still to come to a friend's house and then go "hold on, I must raid now."

/rant rant... /qq qq... /hate life...

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#6 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:10 pm

Yes, you're fine, Solde - I'm not concerned with you specifically. Thanks for putting in your comments, though.

Stask

Post#7 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 pm

Lealla wrote:Yes, you're fine, Solde - I'm not concerned with you specifically.

Double eep.

*digs hole, jumps in it, pulls it in after him*

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#8 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Oh for crying out loud, Stask, (a) your Druid is an alt, not a main; and (b) you sign up for raids as you're expected to.

Solde

Post#9 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:20 am

lawl @ stask...

yah... i'm just like... frustrated beyond frustration with the way things are 99% of the time around home and all at the time. I won't go into gory details to like, bore you all to death, since it really isn't the place anyway...

getting back to the point, i'll make more of an attempt to signup more frequently, even if it's as cancelled, and whatnot.. oh, and make an attempt to like.. raid more too... =D

Stask

Post#10 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:25 am

Lealla wrote:Oh for crying out loud, Stask, (a) your Druid is an alt, not a main; and (b) you sign up for raids as you're expected to.

My fellow druids...

You realize that our Class Leader is just trying to lull me into a false sense of security, right?

*remains firmly entrenched in the hole he has pulled in after him*

Return to “Druid”