Druid class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Tachion

This will be my 61 point resto build

Post#1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:24 pm

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:51 pm

Pretty good, although I'm not sure I agree with the one point in Natural Perfection versus maxing Improved Regrowth. I'd also love to be able to fit in Moonglow here for the mana efficiency, but I'm not sure if it's possible to spare the points.

Tachion

Post#3 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:09 am

meh. i use regrowth like 3 times a raid. If that was to change, id consider it

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#4 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:26 am

Oh? Regrowth is one of my core heals; it's the only way to deliver fast direct healing when Swiftmend is down, plus it's a third (fifth?) HoT to keep up on tanks. The 3.0 changes give it even more oomph, as its crits will proc Living Seed. It would be nice to include the effect of Gift of the Earthmother, but without Nourish (a level 80 skill) it's unlikely that we'll be taking advantage of the mana returns on Healing Touch.

Tachion

Post#5 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:28 am

With our healing assignments, I rarely have any room in my rotation for a regrowth. I think that living seed is cool, but it is an unsolicited heal, and I do not put much weight in it. If anything, It would make me use regrowth less. As of now, the only use I would see for regrowth is that if the tank is in dire trouble, I would hit them with a regrowth in hope to plant the seed. I would not just hit the tank with regrowth if they were topped off, and other people in my rotation lose their 3x stack.

Its basically like a NS w/ no cooldown, but dependant on a proc and a cast time. Neat, but time will tell on how effective it will really be.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#6 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:38 am

Remember, with Gift of the Earthmother, you drop down to a 1 second GCD on Lifebloom, meaning you will have a lot more free time to cast other spells while topping off tanks. Naturally, if you're healing 4 tanks at once, you need all your concentration for LB/RG, but if you're healing a single tank, you have tons of GCDs to spare.

I rarely get a raid healing assignment, but if I do, I tend to prefer Regrowth or RJ/SM for dealing with big spikes, and only go with Lifebloom if I know the target won't die before the bloom goes off. Rolling LBs on raid healing targets is rarely an effective use of cooldowns, except in special situations like Bloodboil (and even there it's impossible in current mechanics to keep all 5 up with LB unless you have a lot of haste). In point of fact, in 3.x, I'd drop Flourish on the Bloodboil group and call it a day - a single Druid could keep up all 3 groups using this ability, mana issues notwithstanding.

Tachion

Post#7 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:25 am

My normal situation is a MT/OT and myself. I always keep a RJ/LBx3 on the tanks. I cannot trust anyone to raid heal me, so I make sure that I stay alive to keep the tanks up. RJ is much more beneficial to Swift mend than regrowth. Mana wise and GCD wise. When Im healing, you can always assume that there is a RJ on the tank that you can mend off. I rarely need to burn a GCD after the tank is in trouble. I do not like reactive healing, and avoid it whenever allowed.

Tachion

Post#9 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#10 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:00 am

It's fine. Nature's Grace is kind of weak for a healing spec, though; you could profitably spend some of those points in Improved Tranquility or Empowered Touch, for those times when you need to use your emergency buttons - particularly in 5-mans.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#11 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:53 pm

I should also mention that if you think you're going to level to 80 as Resto, you had better plan to spend a lot of time in groups or running instances. We only get one new button to press from 71-80, and it comes at 80, so it's not like there's a great deal to learn. I had no problem at all healing as Boomkin from 61-70 where required, and with the spell power changes in 3.0 it'll be even easier. Plus, you grind 3 times as fast with twice the survivability, even in crap gear.

Return to “Druid”