Awesome

Druid class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla

Awesome

Post#1 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:14 am

Druid (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8982))
Swipe target limit removed
We are going to remove the target limit on Swipe.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:06 am

Yeah, I saw that. Now Druids can AoE tank too. It was much needed.

Edit: And Warriors. I'm kind of happy about this, actually. since it means Paladins (or Death Knights) will no longer be required for pulls with large numbers of mobs.

As I said before, Blizzard is moving to a philosophy where no class is required to make a functional group. Warriors, DKs, Druids, and Paladins will each be capable of effectively taking on any tanking role, even though some will still be slightly better than others.

Ecnailla

Post#3 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:56 am

Yes, pallys will still be king of aoe pulls - while swipe and TS will hit all mobs, I don't think the threat gen will be quite as high. TBH, i'm not sure about druids -swipe seems to do quite a bit currently, but I've never tanked on my druid (least not since the mid 20s), so I don't know how the tps on 6 mobs would compare. I still see thunderclap as a way to hold mobs off the healers, but not allowing for a lock or mage to go aoe crazy, but i could be wrong.

Ginxx

Post#4 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:50 am

will swipe hit mobs behind the druid? prolly not huh?

Taralash

Post#5 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:58 am

That'd be ridiculous

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#6 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:00 pm

No, Swipe is probably still going to work as a frontal cone effect, but we won't know for sure until the next beta/PTR patch.

While Paladins will still generate greater AoE threat than other classes, there should not be enough of a difference that it will prevent DPS classes from doing their thing. They may have to hold back a bit, but again, we won't know the exact numbers until players have time to test the changes.

Return to “Druid”