[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
3.1 changes for druids so far - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

3.1 changes for druids so far

Druid class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Doulmagnus

3.1 changes for druids so far

Post#1 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:03 pm

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:07 pm

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#3 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#4 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:25 pm

I'm looking at for 3.1.

There aren't any major changes to Balance, but I've been looking at a slightly modified spec anyway that removes all mana regeneration talents except for Omen of Clarity and Intensity. That's .

Palehorse

Post#5 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:53 pm

I'm a bit curious whether the RG crit nerf changes the crit vs haste debate....although I'd think that unless you're gearing solely for crit, you'd be sacrificing alot of haste just to try bringing up rg/nourish crit chance to pre-3.1

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#6 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:28 pm

I don't see the value in extensively gearing for crit in a Restoration spec. The only thing you have to watch out for haste-wise is clipping the GCD on your HoTs. With Gift of the Earthmother, you hit the GCD cap at approx. 17% haste. The value of crit is that it increases efficiency independent of mana consumption (not to mention those juicy Living Seed procs), while haste gives you throughput at the cost of extra mana. That may become an issue in Ulduar.

The function of the talent change seems to be to move players away from Regrowth spam and provide more of an incentive to use Nourish. Given the faster cast time of the latter, the benefit from having HoTs on the target, and the new glyph, it seems like a viable choice now. I'm not sure that crit scaling really factored into the equation all that much.

Palehorse

Post#7 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:11 pm

I agree with you; I was just thinking out loud. It doesn't affect me personally since I prefer Nourish to RG spam, and am focusing more on haste than crit in gearing up (although I do regret passing up some haste gloves to replace my h-nexus crit gloves)

Paxstris

Post#8 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:43 pm

I don't actually understand, Lealla, why you would put 5 points into Naturalist (Reduces HT cast time by .5s)...
Currently, I never cast HT unless it's combined with Nature's Swiftness. Furthermore, you aren't taking Nature's Grace to reduce the cast time given a RG or Nourish crit (though NG works with any spell crit), and you're not glyphing it.

There was a debate between the healing throughput of Glyphed RG vs. Glyphed HT, where Glyphed HT worked kinda like a flash heal (that priests have), and Glyphed RG won hands down. While this MIGHT not be relevant with Imp. RG reduction, I still wouldn't waste five talent points on a spell that's not going to be cast all that often without NS anyway. If you want a big-ish heal, Nourish is that spell now.

Personally, on my resto druid, I used those 5 points and put them into Improved Tranq (for the times that I use 'em... not often, but I like to have it on CD just in case), and Subtlety, because well, I'm an aggro whore.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#9 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:28 am

Glyphed HT always seemed to me like a substitute for Nourish before players got to 80. It seems utterly redundant now, not to mention making NS a lot weaker. The best choices seem to me like Regrowth, Lifebloom, and Swiftmend (currently). With the new Wild Growth and Nourish glyphs, it's going to be a tough decision.

You're right that Naturalist is a weak talent; I put it in there mainly because Subtlety is almost irrelevant to current raid content. It's one of the optional ones; if you feel that Imp Tranq and Subtlety are better places to go, have at it. Honestly, I've never seen Tranquility used in a raid setting in anything other than a last-ditch survival effort when things are already boned.

Nature's Grace, for 3 points, has far too little benefit for its cost, whether you go with an HT spec or not.

Palehorse

Post#10 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:38 pm

my possible 3.1 resto build. I tend to play a varied role, so I specc'd both revitalize as well as seed.

Melancholy
Class Leader

Post#11 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:26 pm

Paxstris

Post#12 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:56 pm

Melancholy
Class Leader

Post#13 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:45 pm

Paxstris

Post#14 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:43 pm

Lealla
Class Leader