Hunter Rotation and Mana Issues!

Hunter class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Tagaal
Demon Hunter

Hunter Rotation and Mana Issues!

Post#1 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Ok guys,

I know you all have been having mana issues. I believe its because your throwing in other shots on top of the macro during long fights. If you just stick to the macro, you will see that your mana conservancy will increase and will last longer during long fights. During VR and Gruuls last night, I had no issues at all and I rarely had to pot. Try using just the macro and see where that puts you. In addition to maintaining my mana, it also put me well above where you two were on DPS/Damage. I know it sounds wierd not to use arcane, or multi, but I am telling you, that macro by itself is enough. Try it and we can chat later!

Tag

Polarside

Re: Hunter Rotation and Mana Issues!

Post#2 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:22 pm

Tagaal wrote:During VR and Gruuls last night

Wait wait wait... Gruuls last night? What? Todays the 11th and the raid page says its on the 11th... I'm confused...
Shhh! Theres a dead horde in my trunk. Wanna see it? Fuck around and you'll be it.

Tagaal
Demon Hunter

Post#3 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:27 pm

Yes we ended up doing two raids last night. We will be raiding either Mag or TK tonight for those that didnt get to participate. I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion, it was last minute and the whole raid wanted to do more since VR went down quickly. We had to make a last minute decision and decided that pleasing the peeps who were raiding was important. We will make it up to ya tonight!

Tag

Polarside

Post#4 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:06 pm

Well damn...Oh well. I will be on tonight because thats when I planned to be. heh...Its all good though
Shhh! Theres a dead horde in my trunk. Wanna see it? Fuck around and you'll be it.

Ecnailla

Post#5 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:49 am

Can you post the macro?

I have found on boss fights I can keep AOH up and not even use viper if I use mageblood, weapon oil and use pot rotation. This comes from healing - but as soon as you are negative 2000 mana, pot and get back to 100% and start the 2min cooldown.

I genrally don't use arcane shot or multi or anything but a steady, auto rotation. This verys greatly depending on the situation, but I have topped many a damage meter using noting but auto/steady and a sting.

How far into the fight are you running low? Viper has better effects when you are really low- so switch over when you get to 50% if you don't keep it running all the time.

Now that there is a 1h agi enchant, i highly suggest getting two weapons and putting mana oil on both of them. We and shammys are the only mana using DWing classes and we should take full advantage of this.

Brulan

Post#6 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:16 am

Well as BM I dont think anyone hunter should have much of a mana issue unless its a real long fight. Might need the occasional pot or something.

However, by design of the MM or Surv tree, they run oom faster. The optimal shot rotation on those 2 specs use more mana instensive shots (i.e. Arcane, Multi).

In personal opinion as well as many others on Elitistjerks if you're not potting as marks or surv you're not doing your job =).

p.s. BM pwns all.
No.

Ecnailla

Post#7 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:16 am

Oh, well, yea- I am BM. I guess thats why i don't have mana issues.

Irreverant

Post#8 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:12 pm

I have been having less and less mana issues and can find myself throwing up sepent sting and arcane every so often. As long as ive got aspect of the viper on from the start then i generally dont need even 1 mana pot. That night that EB was in our group for VR made me very happy in the pants. I dont think my mana went below 50% that entire fight.
When Blizzard created hunters they gave them twice as many ways to fuck up as any other class.

Ecnailla

Post#9 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:21 pm

if you are staying above 50%, drop viper and go hawk.
If you have a pluthora of mana, start using multi, arc. - everything you've got to boost your dmg.

Irreverant

Post#10 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:22 pm

I know...i had up hawk...but i also had a shadow priest and wisdom...i couldnt give away mana.
When Blizzard created hunters they gave them twice as many ways to fuck up as any other class.

Brulan

Post#11 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:24 pm

Make sure you stay within a rotation though. Otherwise you start clipping your auto shots and your dps takes a dive bomb =/
No.

Irreverant

Post#12 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:25 pm

With the new hunter macro you dont clip auto shots.

Polarside

Post#13 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:17 pm

I used to have a BM hunter. A lot of times on trash I would Serpent Sting before I started spaming my SS macro. Other than that, its just spam that one button. I don't know how mana was in raids cause I never got to raid with him, but in 5-mans, I would go through my mana in like 2 minutes WITH Aspect of the Viper up. Then again I only had about 6500 mana at the time...So yeah, if I knew the fight was gonna be about that long, I would only use my SS macro. Hell, I never clipped my shots without the macro when using quartz, but I only got it for the ease of using KC and being able to cast SS all in one button. Its not hard to not clip your shots.

Return to “Hunter”