The lovely Blessing of Salvation

Hunter class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Brulan

Post#61 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Well I guess i'm done discussing. Apparently I can't throw out theorycraft without pissing everyone and their mom off.

Soooo, peace out.
No.

Drizztdeurde

Post#62 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:36 pm

I was enjoying the reads before everyone started flaming. I appologize for initially coming of that way. I just was tired of the attitude towards us. Reading on the TC you guy's were doing which atm I don't have the time to do at work was rather interesting. So I appreciated in Brulan. EB it's all gravy man, I'm not that worried about the buff or not, doesn't matter to me, it's the attitude that most seem to have is what I was trying to stress was bothering me. You guy's have reason's for doing what u do, like I said tell us rather then say stfu and accept it. I'm in the military I deal with that shit all day I don't necessarily need to deal with it when I'm trying to enjoy myself and play a game with my friends. That's all I ask. You guy's have enough on your plate then to worry about a buff, yeah it does gimp my and the other hunters dps a little after your post I see why u are doing what u are doing, cool :) no worries.

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#63 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:53 pm

Yeah I tried to explain that a briefly during VR but I guess it just got lost amongst all the other shit that was going on. I'll try to make a point of invading class channels in the future to explain my reasoning when I make a decision pertaining to one class or the other.

Brulan, I love TC and do it all the time, just haven't bothered to do it in this instance because my reasoning behind salv isnt for dps purposes it's for overall raid suvivability. So I'm not sure if you think you've pissed me off, but you haven't, and if you ever do cross that line I get over it quickly :P
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Drizztdeurde

Post#64 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:57 pm

That's cool, atleast then we're all on the same page and we don't spend a die pissing each other off over stupid shit, though very entertaining. We do need to figure out what happened to our damage on VR though, he doesn't have that much more health then other boss's we've downed. I have a feeling the loss of dps was more due to everyone having to constantly move more then anything but that's just my opinion nothing behind it.

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#65 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:04 pm

I think it definitely has to do with the running around and the low aggro cap. I was aggro capped pretty much the whole fight. Looking at the WWS for the night I only threw out 3 SWD's on the kill attempt whereas I'm normally triple that amount in boss fights.
Elvenbane#1520

Irreverant

Post#66 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:08 pm

Elven needs double salv imo.
When Blizzard created hunters they gave them twice as many ways to fuck up as any other class.

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#67 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:19 pm

Irreverant wrote:Elven needs double salv imo.

Aye, I'm probably going to put myself in with a shammy next time we do VR for the Tranquil Air totem.
Elvenbane#1520

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#68 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:34 pm

It's all those VE heals after people get nuked by Arcane Orbs. They all count towards your threat. VT counts too, but at a lower ratio.

VE heals, what, 25% of damage you do? And VT restores 5% as mana? In a worst-case scenario, with every member of your party getting both heals and mana, that means you're generating 75% more threat than you would from damage alone.

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#69 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:57 pm

Yeah, I've started dropping VE from my rotation simply becasue of the additional threat.
Elvenbane#1520

Brulan

Post#70 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:02 pm

EV... i am your tranquil air bitch.
No.

Drizztdeurde

Post#71 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:11 pm

then can we have a shammy? May not affect Tag, but he's just spammy as/ss all fight, I'm a little more mana intensive with my shot rotations, and I think rev feels the same way. I don't care about getting a dps buff, but running oom no matter how I pot sucks balls.

Tachion

Post#72 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:11 pm

Dammit...why are your numbers so different than mine? Ill take a look at the SS. I saved it as it was.

Brulan wrote:Ok so....

I loaded Tag up with spec and gear. Remember this is without pet. so add in a static 300ish dps for pet which will get you to your 1k dps

So BM using 1:1 steady shot rotation

Without 742.15 (remember this is without pet. so add in a static 300ish dps for pet which will get you to your 1k dps)
With 787.00

Thats a difference of 44.85 dps or a net loss of 6.04% dps.

Drizz broke my spreadsheet and the armory so I can't use him at the moment. It wont load him I dont know why.

Tachion

Post#73 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:19 pm

ok, heres what I got with a 1:1 ratio w/ MM spec:

w/o
Hunter DPS 856.66
Pet DPS 267.48
Total DPS 1124.13

w/
Hunter DPS 908.98
Pet DPS 276.32
Total DPS 1185.30

result of 1185.30 / 1124.13 = 1.054415414587280830508926903472

yes I figured out that it was retard math! 5.4%

Drizztdeurde

Post#74 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:31 pm

MM spec doesn't use 1:1 :) but interesting.

Tachion

Post#75 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:32 pm

wtfz0rs. back to the drawing board

Return to “Hunter”