T6 Tokens

Hunter class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Tagaal
Demon Hunter

T6 Tokens

Post#1 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:21 pm

Since we are progressing and getting closer to getting T6 gear out of hyjal, I thought it would be important to bring up the topic of guild progression. I know we all get excited with new bosses cause it means new gear. And now that we are starting to push Mt Hyjal, and could be close to be able to bid on T6 gear, I want to ask a favor of you all. With the future content that we will be getting into, it is extremely important that we get our tanks geared for progression first. The T6 tokens I believe are for hunter/shamans/warrios. I would like to ask that if we happen to down a boss that drops T6 in the near future, that we would let our tanks gear up with those tokens first for progressions sake.
I know its hard to pass up but we benefit more with staying with our 4 piece T5 bonuses until we all have 4 piece T6. I know a lot of us also have T6 equivalent gear from ZA which also helps us out. So I am requesting that we let our tanks get the first few T6 tokens for guild progression sake. I can't force you to not bid and would never do that. It is just a request.

Tag

Ecnailla

Post#2 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:21 pm

Some may disagree with me, but here is how I see this topic:

I know a lot of guilds do the "gear the tanks first" thing - Doesn't gearing someone out usually result in them burning out faster b/c they don't need anything.... I know with out good tanks you can't move forward, but last I checked our healers were not letting tanks die because of their lack in mitigation...

In fact... we hardly ever wipe because our tank isn't geared enough or our healers are OOM... it's because our dps is light. How many times have we hit enrage timers or even killed bosses after the timer goes off... The times we got vashj to 2-5% wasn't a healing or tanking issue, but light dps. (arguably b/c of deaths, not gear, but still)

I understand where you are coming from because if the tank can't cut it the rest is pointless and I think you have the guilds best interest in mind, but I don't think this is a good idea. It might do more harm than good if your tanks lose interest and you have to hunt them down to get them to raid....

I think a lot of our tanks have upwards of 500 dkp... and the lower ones higher than 200 dkp. I understand where you are coming from, but are you suggesting that we let them have T6 gear for 5 dkp? Wouldn't this lead to a surplus of dkp from the MTs allowing them to buy every sellable item that comes up?

I don't think many people can out bid our warriors anyway, and the few that can would just delay gear by a week or two tops, so it's kind of a null point.

If a tank is going from T5 to T6 and a dps is going from an item lvl 110-115 to T6, I think it is more beneficial to the raid for the larger upgrade. But when you start getting into "what helps the raid more" everyone will argue and it won't turn out pretty... so what is a guild to do? Use a dkp system. They exist for a reason.

anyway, just my .02

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#3 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:29 pm

It's warrior/priest/druid you noob. Also, Heart and Hryion (and I assume Virek) are already geared enough to MT Sunwell.
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Brulan

Post#4 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:34 pm

Hey noob, tokens change up for tier 6 content. Lrn2lookahead

http://www.wowwiki.com/Azgalor_(tactics)

Why the hell won't my links work?
No.

Tachion

Post#5 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:56 pm

pwned

Dzam

Post#6 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:03 pm

Even though I am not in the guild Ec is right. The DKP system is there for a reason. Asking people to not bid on something so you can progress further will never work. Allowing the tanks to get something for 5 dkp then having everyone else go into a bidding war to get it later is unfair. DPS is important too you know. Also allowing players to horde DKP....cough cough Elvenbane cough cough... should not be allowed either. You should move to a fixed cost DKP system and the person with the most DKP will get the item and if they don't want it and it is clearly an upgrade for them they should be required to take it and spend DKP. If a tank waits for T6 gear and he is in T4 gear and he doesn't die because the healers spent all thier DKP for T5 to keep him alive is that fair? Not really. Every DKP system has its flaws but if you like the one you are on now you can't change the rules for the benifit of the guild. If you wanted to do that you would use loot council but that has it's flaws too. There is no winning really. Honstly a system where you get the ability to roll on an item if you have been to X amount of consecutive raids would be cool. And if no one needs the item that has been there the past few days then everyone else can roll on it.

Ginxx

Post#7 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:11 pm

Our DKP system is perfect just the way it is. All of our tanks have more than enought DKP to ninja any piece of gear they want. And IMO DKP hoarding is fine. You earn it you should be able to spend it or save it as much as you want, and no one is suffering because someone else was stingy and did not roll on an upgrade. EB has tons of DKP becuase the gear he doesnt roll on isnt that much of an upgrade for him and he is at 99 percent of raids. He should be able to ninja whatever gear he wants with his huge pile of DKP, he earned it. Same is true for our tanks. Every single core raider we have has the raids best interest at heart and i really believe we have no issue here. Raid enough and you will get your gear.
All Dkp is for really is who gets the neat thing first. We raid enough that all of our raiders will sooner or later end up with all the gear they need.

Ecnailla

Post#8 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:24 pm

I agree to a point. I think if you take time off your dkp isnt there forever. If you build up 900dkp on farm content and then stop playing until we progress to Sunwell... you shouldn't be able to just jump back in and ninja loot from the people who pushed progression. IDK... something like if your dkp dosent move for 2-4 weeks it starts slowly draining.

Dzam

Post#9 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:54 pm

Once again a valid point. DKP hording should not be allowed. :) It is happening on our server now. 35 people login on farm nights and 20 login on progression nights.

hyrion

Post#10 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:02 pm

I hate you all, except for Tag. He's my favorite.

Taralash

Post#11 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:39 pm

NO! NO HYRION!

Tagaal
Demon Hunter

Post#12 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:44 pm

Well it was idea that someone else brought up to me, cough cough (I won't indulge the name) but I did think it was a good idea. But I do agree with Ec and EB that our tanks seem to be geared enough and we don't have problems with them dropping. So suffice it to say, just nix the idea. The tanks do have enough dkp to where they can outbid anyone if they want the T6 tokens that bad. I was just looking toward guild progression and thought that the harder content might call for getting our tanks their upgrades quicker. I still think its a good idea but if they don't want to spend their dkp, than thats their choice.

Would I still be your favorite Hyrion if I ninjad a T6 token from ya? ;)

Tag

hyrion

Post#13 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:58 pm

I feel as if i have been stabbed in the back.

Ecnailla

Post#14 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:06 pm

Thats why you don't turn your back to mobs noob...

Taralash

Post#15 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:54 pm

if anyone is ninjaing warrior, shaman, hunter t6 it'll be me lul

Return to “Hunter”