WoTLK and hunters: Updated with new beta build..IT SUCKS

Hunter class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Drizztdeurde

WoTLK and hunters: Updated with new beta build..IT SUCKS

Post#1 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:26 pm

I like what they have done in almost every case. The only thing I've been begging for since I started playing is make scatter shot trainable and they still haven't done that, which severely dissapoints me. What are you'alls thoughts?

edit: just got this in:

I have some good news, and some bad news. First, the bad news. Unfortunately we won't be able to do the Aspect of the Viper change I discussed yesterday (passive instead of requiring you to attack the target) at this time because of technical limitations and its potential to shake up our current balance goals. However, we will evaluate it as an option for a future patch.

Now, the good news.

- Aimed Shot - This shot will now be instant cast, its damage/effect/cooldown will remain unchanged.
- Scatter shot - This will now be an 11-point Survival talent.
- Readiness - This will now be the 21-point Marksmanship talent.
- Trap Mastery - This will now be the 41-point Survival talent. Granted, not very sexy for a 41-pointer but we'll do some changes there in a future patch (after WOLK ships).

These changes will be live in an upcoming beta build.

Last edited by Drizztdeurde on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guenever
Demon Hunter

Post#2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:58 pm

YAY!

I <3 scatter shot when soloing, and don't care for readiness. I think it's a bit of a waste for an end talent. And instant aimed shot!!!! Tanks better work on their threat gen!

Drizztdeurde

Post#3 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:02 pm

that is going to make for an interesting shot rotation.....

readiness really isn't much of anything but the instant aimed shot and lower scatter is awsome, sucks that they have to put trap mastery that high up, hopefully they do it in a manner where we aren't forced to take it.

Brulan

Post#4 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:07 pm

I'm intrigued on the changes to Trap Mastery. Marks sounds like it might be PvE viable too. However, right now I hear Survival is the king of dps on Wrath on beta.

Drizz! What do you think of BM. It seems like they are going to have a scaling issue with Wrath. While all the end talents look awesome and fun, I just don't see them scaling anywhere near as well as Marks or Surv.
No.

Drizztdeurde

Post#5 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:10 pm

I think your going to see BM dissapear as the top dps class. MM stacked with haste is going to be very viable now and so isn't SV. Plus, I think most hunters are like me and would rather just worry about ourselves while raiding rather then having to keep a pet up or loose half their dps. I think we'll see MM on top of the charts though, like I said haste stacked, until then SV will be king.

Ecnailla

Post#6 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:43 pm

I think BM might still be starting out more dps untill you get some haste - MM and SV will probalby both have a place in raids and you will no longer need just 1 SV - so hunters will have more options when raiding, which is nice. The only thing that will keep BM hunters around is devilsaurs, Core Hounds and crap like that. 20% haste is still nothing to ignore- but I agree- it seems they want to move the top dmg spec away from BM and I for one welcome the change. Part of the draw of a patch is mixing things up and getting doing something new : )

Drizztdeurde

Post#7 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:25 pm

I agree Ecn. pre-TBC you'd see alot of MM/SV hunters and almost no BM hunters. Now if you PVP your MM, if you raid your the "one" SV hunter or a cookie cutter BM hunter. It seems not that all 3 specs have viability in raids and I for one am glad. I do believe MM/SV are still a bit more gear reliant then BM will be especially haste and agility. But not as noticable as it is now.

Brulan

Post#8 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:48 pm

I was actually reading through some theorycrafting the other night. If i can find the page again i'll link it, but the basic premise of the topic being discussed was how point for point, haste is one of the worst stats survival and BM can stack.

Because of that, and if you look at hunter tier 7 it has haste on it, I think Marks may end up being the #1 dps spec. Just like now, once you get the haste, you go marks.

I think that made sense?
No.

Brulan

Post#9 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:11 pm

So with readiness moving to the marks tree. That means double rapid fires. I have a feeling marks is going to be absolutely insane.
No.

Tagaal
Demon Hunter

Post#10 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:42 pm

YAY I get to go back to my original spec....WOOT!

Kendalh
Demon Hunter

Post#11 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:44 pm

I don't think you have ever left your original spec, Raid Wiper.

Drizztdeurde

Post#12 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:32 am

After reading through some EJ threads and the new updates to the talent guide. I'm sticking with MM/SV being the most viable once we hit 25 mans again. The new BM talents just don't seem to exciting aspecially their 51 point talent. The new changes to MM are going to make it probably the highest damage build, esp. after the nerf to explosive shot again. Readiness will play key into the MM rotation and the added damage to Arcane shot is something not many seem to be talking about but between that and steady shot we now have some pretty have damage shots, even more so with aimed shot being instant. For pvp it's not going to be to out of the ordinary for a Hunter to 2 or 3 shot a crappy clothy between aimed shot, arc. shot, Kill shot, aimed shot and you have a dead clothy. Though it will be interesting to see if they change the mechanics of aimed, as this almost allow's us to keep up the healing debuff on a target 100% of the time. So I'm seeing great strides made, but honestly I see a few nerfs up coming as some of it seems a bit OP.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#13 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:05 am

I still think that Lock & Load looks like a pretty awesome talent: 2 free Arcane or Explosive shots?

Brulan

Post#14 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:15 pm

Yeah only if you use a shitty mana inefficient sting that doesn't do enough dmg to justify using it =)
No.

Drizztdeurde

Post#15 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:43 am

yeah I'm seeing Mana as being a problem for us, I'm still trying to figure out exactly how the new AoV will work and how well Hunting party will benefit us. I read somewhere that any Mail agility gear will not have intellect on it, so we are going to be a mana starved casting class.

Return to “Hunter”