mage dmg calculator

Mage class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Gnomerman

mage dmg calculator

Post#1 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:29 am

ok so i found a sweet mage dmg calculator when i was browsing the ej forums. it searches your toon... you enter in your buffs and your build, and bam... it tells you your theoretical dps..

so you can see how far away from theoretical you are, aka how much your slacking :p

well not really but you know....

http://www.manoutoftime.org/staticpages/index.php/tcom

its still pretty pimp

oh btw

factoring in the 2 piece tier 5, our typical raid buff... ie curse of shadows, no curse of elements.... my highest theoretical dps spec is my current fire IV spec, it beats out arcane by about 50 dps.... even WITH 2 piece T5

i'll look at other mages if your interested :)

Kalianna

Post#2 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:16 pm

Gnomer,

When you were a child mage did a big bad Arcane Mage abuse you? It seems to me that you are obsessed with finding fault with the Arcane tree. I mention this in a "devil's advocate" kinda way with total respect for your opinion....just curious thats all.

Oh and btw, Thank you for the calculator.
Please someone, give me the knowledge to only Blink when I should.

Gnomerman

Post#3 » Wed May 21, 2008 3:36 pm

kali... you know i love you :)

and i am kinda biased against the arcane tree, cuz tbh i don't like it.

i am just trying to bring to light the arcane theoretical advantage does not exist or is very small..

however, if it is a small difference, then each of us should play what we enjoy playing, so long as it does not hurt the guild performance.

im just being that who wants everyone to think about their dps and if something like a spec change can improve it, or if they are doing maximum dps for their gear.

im actually curious to look you up and see which spec is your theoretical max

Tachion

Post#4 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:17 pm

i cant wait until everyone switches to frost/haste and eats crow muahhahahah

Gnomerman

Post#5 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:25 pm

fire IV is the highest dps for all of our mages in guild... i checked it out, even though they are not hit capped...

nuff said... check it out

this is fully raid buffed how our raids are tipically buffed, as well as unbuffed

this includes curse of shadows and 2 piece T5 bonus

Tachion

Post#6 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:42 pm

Do you have to use mage armor or do you use molten armor?

Gnomerman

Post#7 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:17 pm

you can have it calculate with mage or molten armor.... i personally use mage armor for the purpose of mana regen, because imo having 30% of your mana regen while casting is better than 3% crit by far

Tachion

Post#8 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:02 pm

yea i was just curious as to what you normally run. I know with a PVE frost spec, you can run molten armor w/o any mana issues. Its been a while since ive gone back to fire, so cant remember the mana consumption too much. Im sure that Hasted fire will be pretty bad though :/

Return to “Mage”