[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
my monthly attempt to convert the non believers - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

my monthly attempt to convert the non believers

Mage class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Gnomerman

my monthly attempt to convert the non believers

Post#1 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:22 pm

so after looking at the changes to curse of elements and curse of shadows... ie gettinig combined, the final piece of the puzzle has fallen out of place for being arcange over fire in our raids. before there was always a curse of shadowns and almost never a curse of elements... well, that will not be the case any more.

so im reccomending that every mage in the guild that wants to raid to make a serious consideration to switching to a fire build. I personally think mine is the best, and ej agrees. however if you want to get clear casting instead of icy veins, that is a very understandable build as well

however, i do realize the cost and effort of re gearing to change your hit cap. yes i know, 164 hit seems like a near infinite amount, but tbh, its not hard at our gear lvl. i don't have a single hit gem in any of my gear. and im at 163 hit (close enough imo). im open to discuss this in game or go over any variations on spec (alar is the only fight that is fire immune, so do'nt worry about that cuz alar is a dirty dirty bird)

oh btw.....

mmmmmmmmm 10% more fire dmg, or 13% if we have an affliction lock in raid :)

Kalianna

Post#2 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:55 am

Please someone, give me the knowledge to only Blink when I should.

Tachion

Post#3 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:13 am

Run this build of your crusty guild leader always puts you in the short bus group without raid synergy:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0mZxgz0fcs0eRxMhG0o

Gnomerman

Post#4 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:18 pm

you know.... i might be on americas payroll shortly, so..... but as of now i am not

and btw, this is the highest dps mage spec... guess what? you get an extra point, and btw.... what you do in the frost tree is up to you, its just you don't ever apply a chill effect, and double double crit dmg makes ice lance really nice still

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=obZxgMzfcIoeRtMA00o

Tachion

Post#5 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:35 pm

Not sure who you were talking to, but my spec is for clearcasting. And I do apply the chill effect with cone of cold. If I raid with fire, that is my spec. With your spec, you gain 2% more damage over mine, but a lot less mana conservation. With a lot of haste, I like all the mana i can get.

Gnomerman

Post#6 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:38 pm

you also sacrifice a lot of aoe dmg, and the 30% mana regen that mage armor gives is enough mana give back. grouped with a shadow priest, molten armor is viable even when you have 120 haste

Tachion

Post#7 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:42 pm

I run Molten armor when using my clearcasting build. At this point, I am able to sustain a 10m fight w/o a SP. For me, my statistics are better with my build and present gear. You can do whatever the hell you want.

Kalianna

Post#8 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:10 pm

Please someone, give me the knowledge to only Blink when I should.

Return to “Mage”