so raiding with three fire mages....

Mage class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Gnomerman

so raiding with three fire mages....

Post#1 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:08 pm

so all in all last night was a good run on the mage front.

after digging through the wws, here is the things that stood out for me

trash mobs:
-3.8 million dmg @1856 dps
-2.675 million dmg @1581 dps
-1.696 million dmg @1029 dps

for hyjal trash dps for a mage is actually important, because the aoe dictataes how fast or slow the trash goes. overall aoe was good, but we need to step it up. granted this information includes the bt trash, but its mostly hyjal, i looked at teh flamestrike dmg and it reflects this data exactly. on hyjal trash, aunless sheep are called for, or unless the raid leaader specifies a particular target, we should be laying heavy aoe on the pally conscecrate and the surrounding mobs. aoe is our focus, leave the single taraget to the single target dps. I hate to call people out, but we had a low mage, and we need to step it up a a little bit. to have all the magaes over 1.75 million flamestrike dmg on the rage and anetheron trash is a good goal.

boss fights

-gorefiend went well, we represented the class appropriataly all three of us were sustaining ~1200 dps. for not having a mana battery that is a good number.

rage
-we did have an early death among us. i don't remember how you died, however, if you do not haave the pvp trinket, it is a very good idea to get it. thaat way you have ice block and the trinket to get out of his ice bolt death trap. this is a good fight, very mage friendly, we should be dominating the wws on this fight.

anetheron
-well, we got our faces handed to us last night, so our dmg was... well ... we won't talk about it. but thatas fine. even in a non death caaster dmg is dwarfed in comparison to the mele who get to nuke ona the boss the whole fight while we serve some utility.

we need to pay more attention to infernals, see who he targets, etc etc, so we can at least get a blink off.

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Kalianna

Post#2 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:12 pm

Yeah my bad on the Necromancers, I was helping burn them and not laying down the AOE won't happen again.
Please someone, give me the knowledge to only Blink when I should.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#3 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Anetheron hit the ranged with an Infernal drop + Carrion Swarm combo, which decimated them. It was a nasty fight all around. Fortunately he's down now. :-)

farty

Post#4 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:32 pm

Roger that !!!!

Will be more aware of the infernal next time.

Return to “Mage”