[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Need some advice... - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Need some advice...

Mage class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Thesian

Need some advice...

Post#1 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:59 pm

I need to come up with more hit rating, and then have a plan on how to go from there...

I've been researching gear and running numbers and I have an idea about some stuff I need, but I'd like to hear some constructive opinions on it.

My Armory link is

I'm really looking for some good discussion on this, and not just a bash fest.

There are a couple items, the a Cloak off of Prince in Kara and a better Chest and Gloves enchant I know I need to take care of quick...

So hit me with o' Masters of the Arcane...

Thanks,

Thes
"Your a Frost Mage... and you wanna raid?!?! Why don't you just PVP alot?" - Some guy in Shatt

Gig

Post#2 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:03 pm

start making a shopping list.

www.wow-loot.com

Tachion

Post#3 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:37 pm

I have my pve gear on my mage atm. Take a look at the link. All my gear was obtained from 5m instances or badges. I am hit capped with 130ish haste

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... onjurethis

Palehorse

Post#4 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:19 pm

just from glancing at your gear....gem pretty much for spell hit so noble topaz or if you want to cheat, dawnstone.

MgT kael/Kara Attunemen gloves give spell hit.

CE exalted gives Asheyen's gift

Nethercore rod is weaksauce, but that or yellow gemming badge wand is another 8 hit.

Arc or BM offhand will also add a bit

Iirc sha'tar exalted head enchant also boosts spell hit

spell hit pre-kara post:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4790&sid=1

Sionnaine

Post#5 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:53 pm

Enchant for helm is Revered with Sha'tar not exalted, you have a +8 haste gem in your belt of blasting when if your under hit could be +hit.
- Sionnaine -

Thesian

Post#6 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:08 am

Thanks guys,

I'll start with that gem and look into the head enchant and go from there...

I'll keep ya posted...
"Your a Frost Mage... and you wanna raid?!?! Why don't you just PVP alot?" - Some guy in Shatt

Domehard

Post#7 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:20 pm

i suggest going for full t4 asap, get the wand from shade of aran and the offhand from netherspite, season 2 wep is easy 2 get and provides 15 hit rating, if you get your full t4 and spell hit gem it up you will get to about 140 spell hit easily, this is what im doing atm, and its working out very well thusfar.

Thesian

Post#8 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:44 pm

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#9 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:18 pm

164 is cap...
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#10 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:24 pm

176 in 3.0...

Gnomerman

Post#11 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:05 pm

yep.. 100% chance to hit with spells !!!!

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Return to “Mage”