[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
3.0.2 lvl 70 raiding builds - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

3.0.2 lvl 70 raiding builds

Mage class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Gnomerman

3.0.2 lvl 70 raiding builds

Post#1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:00 am

so this is from the foremost source on epicness, EJ

this is the number 1 dps build (by a very slight margine <1%)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage=00 ... 0000000000

this is number 2

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage=00 ... 0000000000

now, there is a lot of debate going on whether IV or LB is better, currently, only one living bomb can be applied to the target, so having more than one mage with that talent (at this point) is futile. However, in hyjal, having 2 Living bombs would be good as long as both mages put up living bomb on different trash mobs. I don't fully agree with those builds, mainly due to the content we are pushing, such as hyjal, which requires a lot of aoe dmg.

its looking fire is the top dps spec currently, as all the top 5 dps builds involve the key 53 talent points
listed here:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=oZ0EcbRhIhVubhct

everything in addition to that is icing.

I plan on being the greedy mage who has Living bomb. If other mages want it, its useful for trash, however, on single target bosses, only one of us will be throwing it in our rotation (i kinda want it, i know, im a hog)

mind you, not having the 3 points in EP means you need 3% more hit, which won't be a problem, with an SP your gonna need 14% hit, which is 177 hit, if there is a draini near by that goes back to what we currently need, 164. By the way the ghost talents for EP and frostbolt are gone, so yes, frost mages need hit now.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=oZ0EcbRhIhVubhct

is a good build if you are worried about hit, mind you, im leaving the aoe talents dragons breath and blast wave in the build because we are doing a lot of hyjal, which requires massive aoe. Those are the two talents to remove to get all 3 points in elemental prescision, if you need the hit, fully raid buffed with 3/3 in ep you will need 126 hit rating at lvl 70.

ugh, wtb dual talent specs now, one for hyjal trash, one for single target dps.

the way im leaning, im probably going to use this build,

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=obZMEcbRhIuVubGst

because i'd like living bomb not to get dispelled,
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=ooZcEcbRhIuVubGst

is annother possibility.

the thing is, the most important thing is the key 53 points, and the rest is personal preference. do you need hit, do you need blastwave and dragons breath. considering we do hyjal, i would say yes the the seccond question, and less hit is good, that means more crit, which, if you havn't noticed, fire mages are the best crit scaling class in the game, period.

on a side note, i havn't fully made my mind up as far as what my build is, but the reason im going for the aoe talents is because of the content we are going to continue to push until wotlk. if we get archi down, and stop doing hyjal, i will be respecing to remove them (dragons breath, blastwave).

yeah.. fun times, ugly builds, wtb 2 more talent points pst

edit, i think i found my next build

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=of0VZ0EcbohIhVubhct

or
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=oZ0EcbohIuVubhstV0c

if im having trouble finding the hit

is probably the best build (due to pushback changes, and threat mechanic changes)
Last edited by Gnomerman on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Gnomerman

Post#2 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:10 am

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Heartwood

Post#3 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:53 am

Great post. I haven't really been following Mage changes over the development of 3.0. Is there a 'rotation' or are they stacking Scorch and hammering FB?

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Gnomerman

Post#4 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:45 am

stack up scorch (with glyph will be only 2 hits) than fireball. one mage will also need to keep living bomb up, which has a 12 seccond duration (however clipping it is bad, because the majority of the tick is in the final blast (which also has aoe)) (although im not sure if the final blast hits the affected target, or just surrounding targets. the exception is when you crit twice in a row you get an instant pyroblast. you have 10 secconds to cast it for it to be instant. IE you keep casting your current fireball you have casting before the seccond crit in a row lands, then you can launch your pyroblast wait for the gcd then go back to fireball nuke

so its no longer just spam fireball and then oh shit need to refresh scorch. also, if there is a frost mage in the raid, you won't need to stack scorches because the 10% spell crit chance on target will not stack with winters chill (its passive with a frost mage).

so without frostmage it will be

scorch>scorch>living bomb>>fireballx4>living bomb>fireballx4>living bomb>fireballx2>scorch repeat

this assumes no haste, or your haste and lag even themselves out with the gcd

when you get 2 scorch or fireball crits in a row you get an instan pyro, you have 10 secconds to use it, i reccomend you use it asap, so if you get 2 more crits in a rowyou don't lose an instant pyro. it will play tricks with the gcd, but the current rotation gives a 2 seccond leway to get the last scorch in, also, missing a fireball won't hurt too much.

if there is a frost mage in the raid (granted i didn't list any frost builds above (i should have now that i think about it)

it will be LB>fireballx4 repeat, with a pyro thrown in there when its instant. they key is to keep LB up as much as possible to make it worth the gcd (that one gcd spent on living bomb will do more dmg than a fireball crit, even if it doesn't crit, and LB can crit).

level of importance,

keep LB up without clipping it (wastes mana, and dmg) also LB i believe has a very favorable spell dmg coefficient for being instant cast, but we'll see when 3.0.2 goes live.. iwant it its a fun toy. )

use pyro when its instant (don't cancel your current cast to do so though.... noob)
keep scorch up

nuke with fireball

Heartwood

Post#5 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:56 am

Sexy fire mage presence returns in full force to raiding. Kalianna will be pleased. I know she likes playing with fire...

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Gnomerman

Post#6 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:59 am

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=oZZAIcssfu0fzgfsx

will be a very good frost spec for hyjal, considering the amount of aoe necessary

i don't know if fingers of frost will apply on a boss, i think it does

if that being the case, then you are going to need at least 57 points in frost, for single target dps whic leaves no reason not to put the remaining 4 talents into the frost tree, because 4 points in arcan/fire is pretty silly imo
for a frost mage, its nuke frostbolt, end of story, and manage your pet, and IV (basically pop them when they are ready, just make sure you don't pop your frost ele right before raid dmg, like as najentus' bubble is popped (he'll die :()
same goes with arcane

you need 53 talents in arcane to get max usefulness, so that leaves 8 points which can go into frost so you can nuke frostbolts, however you'll need more hit rating, cuz to get the huge crit bonus, you can't get EP, also, you would need a fire or frost mage in the raid to get the happy crit buff. 8 points might go just as well in fire

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=oZZqIcIsfu0fzgfsx

would be my arcane build

rotation in arcane is arcane barrage, arcane blast, repeat. when you get a half time arcane missiles, pop that (again, don't stop a spell cast to use it). arcane will be a little more mobile with arcane barrage being instant. it will probably be mana innefficient, but we'll see how it does (you all know ima go probably going to be using http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=oZ0EcbohIuVubhstV0c or http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=oZ0EcbohIuVubGstbhz (yes 1% hit looks stupid, however it will make it so i don't have to change my gear at all)

Kalianna

Post#7 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Alright Gnomer, you've made my head fry. Thank god the US has you building rockets. But I just need to point out that I'm still aware enough to notice that 2 of the 4 builds you posted in the last section were the same. Stop fucking w/ me.

:P
Please someone, give me the knowledge to only Blink when I should.

Thesian

Post#8 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:41 pm

I think one of the main points of Fingers of Frost was to make Frost builds Raid viable, along with Winter's Chill...

I'm stoked. I want Wrath out, I want to race to 80 and then apply for Casual Raider... I'm the Frost Mage you need. Know it!

And I'm an 8 out of 10 now... I trained it up last night... (Just because Elvenbane inspired me)
"Your a Frost Mage... and you wanna raid?!?! Why don't you just PVP alot?" - Some guy in Shatt

Gnomerman

Post#9 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:11 pm

LOL i don't even want to know what/how you trained

Gnomerman

Post#10 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:13 pm

and ps kali, they are different by 2 talent points :)

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#11 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:24 pm

I bet she still laughed :P
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Return to “Mage”