Mage spec

Mage class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Spicaa

Mage spec

Post by Spicaa » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:52 pm

This is actually my first 60 mage, so i'm still not familiar with the talent spec. Can anyone post the spec for PvP, PvE, MC... etc ? Much appreciated. =)
~Spicaa
~"Never let your man's mind wanders. It's too little to be out alone."~

Spicaa

Post by Spicaa » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:01 pm

~Spicaa

Guide

Post by Guide » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:06 am

Mages don't need MC speccing. A fire mage can still cast frostbolt and blizzard. So what if you are not the top mage on the dps chart. If you hit too hard, you run the risk of pulling aggro.

go spec for better tanking.
Last edited by Guide on Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merriil

Post by Merriil » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:08 pm

Hello,

So your current build is frost/arc. This build is greatest for survivability, and PvE (enemy slowdown, crowd control). But to get the most out of this setup, you should max shatter, and improved CoC. This will give you much better dps when you cast frostnova, and follow with CocC once they are frozen in place.

You have a lot of points in Arcane Mind and Arcane Meditation. This is just my opinion, but you can do without these skills and just boost your mana through +int gear. And for even better survival, spend 30 points in frost and get ice barrier.

For PVP, most mages go for Arcane Power in the arcane tree, and partner that with Fire.

Spicaa

Post by Spicaa » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:03 pm

awesome, thanks for the replies. =)
~Spicaa

deavth

Post by deavth » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:28 pm

Here is my spec layout at lvl 44 Arcane mage
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

and i am not much for PvPing eather

ColdHearted

Post by ColdHearted » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:58 pm

Lvl 59 and im specced 16 points in arcane..... imp arcane missile, Wand special, imp AE and of coarse evocation, all the rest are in frost and i make one hell of a good strat farmer :) hope to see you guys at one of the sessions ill be running for lessons on how to farm strat :) MAGES FTW

~Providing the Horde the opportunity to die for their country~

Sillybilly

Post by Sillybilly » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:43 am

I am currently only 37th lvl but I have been playing in the fire spec. Seems inda fun as the extra dam is nice. I did go Arcane til Evocation so I have barely made a dent in Fire, but I have already noticed a difference.

SB