[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Officer's guide to Paladin Tanks - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Officer's guide to Paladin Tanks

Paladin class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Heartwood

Officer's guide to Paladin Tanks

Post#1 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:18 pm

is a good guide to Paladin tanking more so for guild officers than Paladins themselves.

-Heartwood

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Obanswrath

Post#2 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:27 pm

where was this post before I left lol, btw the taunt thing is wrong, we can only taunt one mob at a time, never been able to pull more than one unless i use shield or consecrate off of people, the thing says three like lealla says, but maybe it is just cause I use it as the macro version, but eh,

also they point out the use of judgment of light, but they do not really talk about how important judging wisdom is...

eh, plus i never really have to pull stuff off of people anyway anymore
Last edited by Obanswrath on Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#3 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:23 pm

Clarification - Paladins' taunt affects up to 3 mobs attacking a single target.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#4 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:48 am

Any thoughts on tanking Illhoof's adds before I tackle it tonight? I figure the following:

* Blessing of Sanctuary
* Flask of Chromatic Wonder (or Earthen Elixir + Elixir of Mastery)
* Fire Protection Aura
* Consecration every 8 sec, alternating each spawn point
* Save taunt for any imps that get loose.
* Holy Wrath is not practical given how many hits I'll be taking.
* I'll try to keep Judgement of Wisdom up on Illhoof.
* Am I also tanking Illhoof's pet (the name escapes me offhand).

I'll save Divine Shield for a cast/cancel if I get sacrificed.

Tachion

Post#5 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:40 am

Dont die

Stask

Post#6 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:50 pm

"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Drizztdeurde

Post#7 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:21 pm

Tachion

Post#8 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:06 pm

Kalianna

Post#9 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:24 pm

Please someone, give me the knowledge to only Blink when I should.

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#10 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:26 pm

It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#11 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:21 pm

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#12 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:48 am

One sentence: Protection Paladin + Illhoof = ownage

Heartwood

Post#13 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:31 am

I heard a little about that. Can you give a little more on the details? Was that for the imps?

-Heart

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#14 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:45 am

Yes, I tanked the imps and Kil'rek while Gnostic tanked Illhoof. Here's how.

Setup/buffs:
* Blessing of Sanctuary (80 dmg absorbed)
* Earthen Elixir (20 damage absorbed)
* Fire Protection Aura
* Fire resist gear (I had the entire Flamebane set for a net of 216 with my aura - any more is probably overkill)

Execution:
* On the pull, cast Exorcism to grab Kil'rek.
* Cast Judgement of Wisdom on Illhoof, melee him throughout the fight to maintain it.
* Seal of Wisdom (again, to keep mana up).
* When the imps spawn, pop Consecration so it covers both portals.
* Continue to cast Consecration every time the cooldown is up. This may require you to move to ensure that you fully cover the portals.

That's basically it. Additional notes:
* You don't need to melee Kil'rek at all to hold his aggro. You don't even need to focus fire him with this strat - all DPS can go to Illhoof.
* Holy Shield is optional - you don't need it to hold Kil'rek and he can't deal crushing blows (level 70).
* Any additional mana not required to maintain Consecration can go to help DPS on Illhoof.
* Between Judgement/Seal of Wisdom and healing received, you should remain at nearly full mana throughout the fight.
* Do not move to DPS the Demon Chains. You can't afford to let any imps get loose.
* If you get sacrificed, or take Amplify Flames, cast/cancel Divine Shield to clear it without losing aggro.
* I was taking 20-60 damage per Firebolt from the imps. We didn't use Dampen Magic, but it would probably have reduced those to zero. I'd like to try it next run.

Heck, I could probably have tanked Illhoof too, with enough heals. I was taking so many hits that Redoubt and Reckoning were up 100% of the fight.:-)

Stask

Post#15 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:38 pm

"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Return to “Paladin”