WotLK Paladin Talents and Abilities Review

Paladin class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#31 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:25 pm

Build 9014 Paladin changes wrote:Skills
Holy
  • Divine Plea changed to : You gain 25% of your total mana over 15 sec (Old - 10 sec), but the amount healed by your spells is reduced by 100%. (Old - 50%)
Talents
Holy
  • Judgements of the Pure now lasts 1 minute. (Up from 30 seconds)
  • Infusion of the Light now reduces the cast time of your next Holy Light spell by 0.5/1sec. (Down from 1.25/2.5 sec)
Retribution
  • Judgement of the Wise has been changed to grant you 33% of your base mana instead of 20% of your maximum mana.
Glyphs
  • Glyph of Exorcism - Your Exorcism also interrupts spellcasting for 2 sec.
  • Glyph of Flash of Light - Your Flash of Light heals for 50% less initially, but also heals for 140% (down from 200%) of its inital effect over 15 sec.
  • Glyph of the Warhorse - Removed
  • Glyph of the Wise - Reduces the mana cost of your Seal of Wisdom spell by 50%.

This build kind of sucks for Holy Paladins, as they lose their instant Holy Light from Holy Shock crits and can no longer spec Judgements of the Wise and get disgustingly large amounts of mana back from it. The change to Divine Plea also makes it an ability of last resort for the Holy Paladin. The changes don't affect the Protection or Retribution trees particularly.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#32 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:15 am

Update: Divine Plea is going to be improved to only reduce healing done by 20% rather than 100%. The developers felt that it unfairly restricted Holy Paladins, especially as reports from beta said their healing was very boring and they had a tendency to go OOM.

So, good news for you Holy folks.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#33 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:19 pm

I know you've come to love my regular 3.0 class progress posts, so I will strive not to disappoint.

Bug reports from the Test Realm Forum indicate that the spell interrupt effect from Hammer of Justice is not working as intended. Specifically, targets that are immune to the stun effect are also immune to the interrupt effect (more properly, it fails to target them with it), which kind of misses the whole point of having it in the first place. Given the timing of the report, this is a bug that will probably go live and have to be patched in later, unless Blizzard surprises us by releasing a new build this week.

Oh, and the Divine Plea change did in fact make it into the latest build.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#34 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:40 pm

From blue posts yesterday on MMO Champion, Blizz has officially confirmed that Ret is OP (along with Unholy DKs) and is planning to tone it down a bit. There's no official information on what exactly will be changing yet.

I'm in the process of rewriting my Retribution guide, but I may wait until the next confirmed patch changes to finalize it.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#35 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:45 pm

More upcoming Paladin changes from MMO Champion - these are all Holy and Protection, though - no word on Retribution yet. I particularly like the Righteous Defense cooldown reduction, as it is now identical to Taunt and Growl in this respect.

Ghostcrawler wrote:Righteous Defense -- cooldown lowered to 8 sec. It had been 10 sec recently and is 15 sec on live.

Infusion of Light -- now affects Flash of Light or Holy Light. Flash of Light is reduced to 0 cast time with 2 ranks, meaning that if you're running around and get a Holy Shock crit, you can also Flash without stopping.

Judgements of the Pure -- haste benefit now up to 15% with 5 ranks (was 10%).

Enlightened Judgements -- range benefit is now 30 yards with 2 ranks (was 20). This means you can judge or heal from the same range without having to run around so much.

Bacon of Light -- no change here, but I can never miss an opportunity to call it Bacon.

Return to “Paladin”