[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
ZA Tankage - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

ZA Tankage

Paladin class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla

ZA Tankage

Post#1 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:19 am

I OTed ZA for the first time last night and felt pretty good about it.

The "hardest fight for a paladin" in there - dragonhawk- was very easy for me. I don't know how hard/easy it was to heal me on the fight, but I found the birds easy to pick up and the eggs easy to avoid. It is a little hard to see what is on the ground around you when you have a ton of birds on you, but I would just look for a clear spot to move to instead of trying to figure out if the ground under me was safe and didn't get hit once.
There were a few trash pulls that I was kind of omgwtfbbq simply because I have have never tanked it and it is very fast pased, but all in all it went fine.

The biggest pain for me was picking up the lynx on the split. I felt pretty confedent that I could pick him up no problem - boy was I wrong. It takes off like bat out of hell toward a healer. I though a concecrate followed by a judgment would do the trick - but he either ran out of my concecrate before it ticked or one tick wasn't enough to turn him on me. By the time i tabbed to him he was out of judgment range and the following wasnt pretty.

I picked up a macro for the 2nd attempt that would target him and taunt him- but it didn't seem to work. He targeted me for half a sec and swiched off to another target. I'm not sure why he didn't stay on me after the taunt, but I quickly editted the macro to include a judgement and the next one worked great. Even with the macro he got away from me for a bit on one of the splits, but I got him back and will downed him.

After a litttle light reading this morning I found that concecrate is balls for picking him up - yea - you should throw it down - but it won't pick him up on its own 99.9% of the time. I found the following macro and it seems to be a lot better than the one i was using -

/cleartarget
/targetexact Spirit of the Lynx
/stopmacro [target=target,noexists]
/cast Judgement
/cast Avenger's Shield

It dosent taunt, but I guess because he was swiching targets so fast, my taunt was failing anyway. If the judgment dosen't land, I should be able to grab him with a AS before he hurts a healer.

A lot of pallys say they just tab/judge and have no issues- i don't know if my latency is just a little higher or my twich reflexes aren't counterstirke level - but that just wasn't working for me.

Any advice on this? I think i'll be ok with the macro above, but if you have any other tactics or advice - I'm all ears.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:37 am

When I've done Lynx boss on Brendore, I try to maintain Consecration for the full time, and then it's a question of using Judgement and/or Avenger's Shield, exactly as you said. I've never found it to be dramatically harder than picking up aggro on anything else in a fight. I actually don't recall if the spirit can be taunted; if it can, then you need to wait until it settles on a target instead of bouncing around.

The trick is to make sure that your Consecration stays up during the transition so the spirit eats at least one tick; with that and Avenger's Shield, I've never had any problem picking it up once I got used to the fight.

holydudez

Post#3 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:57 am

Return to “Paladin”