[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
incoming Paladin Changes - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

incoming Paladin Changes

Paladin class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Heartwood

incoming Paladin Changes

Post#1 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:43 pm

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:31 pm

I read all of that on MMOC (well except for the last big post), but I'm hardly surprised. Having played Brendore since the patch and played with Holydude in our raids, I was absolutely expecting some kind of across the board nerf.

The change to Judgements of the Wise means that mana management will become an actual issue again instead of something to forget about, and the 20% nerf to Seal and Judgement damage only hits a portion of our DPS (it probably ends up being about 6-8% overall). We're actually getting some of that made up with the next patch's change to Art of War and Righteous Vengeance.

I don't think that anyone who seriously played Retribution thought it wasn't ridiculous that we could plow our way through more or less infinite hordes of mobs without ever needing to eat or drink, when no other class has that capability (except maybe Warlocks, but they are a special case).

Heartwood

Post#3 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:19 pm

Nerf warlocks!!!!one!e1!!

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Polarside

Post#4 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:38 pm

They needed to be toned down a bit. Everyone saw this coming anyways so I don't know why so many people are upset.
Shhh! Theres a dead horde in my trunk. Wanna see it? Fuck around and you'll be it.

Elvenbane
Leader

Re: incoming Paladin Changes

Post#5 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:54 pm

It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Virek
Demon Hunter

Post#6 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:18 pm

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#7 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Elvenbane#1520

Virek
Demon Hunter

Post#8 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:34 pm

Arlan

Post#9 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Seriously, why nerf SoR and SoV...do ret paladins even have those abilities on their action bar?

Ginxx

Post#10 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:21 pm

No we dont.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#11 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:30 pm

They have to remain balanced with respect to one another or Retribution Paladins might start using them instead of the ones they are supposed to be using.

I created a spreadsheet to show the math, and without the 20% nerf, Righteousness would be better than both Blood and Command for current itemization. It's hard to calculate Vengeance correctly in the same manner.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#12 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:01 am

Well, I have to say that the Retribution nerfs already in the game (Judgements of the Wise, Seal/Judgement of Command) didn't seem to make a huge difference to Brendore's and Holydude's performance in Kara last night. All I really noticed was that I needed to drink after pulls sometimes and be careful spamming Consecration.

I'm still on the fence about Command vs. Martyr. The numbers say that Martyr is still superior in terms of pure DPS, but Holydude proved quite dramatically last night why one doesn't always want to use it (Enfeeble + Martyr = dead).

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#13 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:56 pm

So you just need to know when not to use it... just like SW:D
Elvenbane#1520

Cheezypoofs

Post#14 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:26 am

Now my retadin is sexy on the dance floor and on the dmg board.

It is nice to enjoy not sucking, if even for a few weeks.
Stop looking, I found it.

Return to “Paladin”