Faceroll tanking....

Paladin class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla

Faceroll tanking....

Post#1 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:50 pm

I found a macro that allows for ultimate faceroll tanking.

Code: Select all

/castsequence reset=alt Judgement of Light,Shield of Righteousness,Holy Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Consecration,Shield of Righteousness,Judgement of Light,Hammer of the Righteous,Holy Shield,Shield of Righteousness,Consecration,Hammer of the Righteous

I tested this macro on lotheb, patchwork, heigan... pretty much every boss last night.

My tps was just as high as it normally is while the boss was >20%.
Holy shield and Judgment hit as soon as it cooled down (max avoid). (Holy Shield didn't fall off once on the patchwork fight, I watched for it the whole time).
Actually, all my spells except maybe conc hit as soon as they cooled down.

It has it's downsides, but I found it especially useful on movement heavy fights, I could run and spam the macro and keep my tps maxed.

Virek
Demon Hunter

Post#2 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:44 pm

yea. ive tried these before. and it always ends the same for me. sheer boredom. And, i always found those fly by the moment instances when you need to taunt, or reposition a mob or whatever else and i changed up my rotation for more threat or more avoidance. But, i havent tried anything like that in this expansion. it will probly work much better now that paladin threat isnt as reflective as it used to be.

Virek
Demon Hunter

Post#3 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:16 pm

with patch 3.0.9 and the changes to judgment of light threat, this macro is nearly usless. My usual threat rotation averages 5500-6k tps with 8-9k spikes. this macro used to match that. now it averages 4-5k threat with 6k spikes. too low for our dps out put imo. It is nice for fights like grob where you are constantly moving, and dps is switching so their threat isn't riding the tank.

Ecnailla

Post#4 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:19 pm

What is your normal rotation?

IIRC my threat was point for point the same with the macro.

Virek
Demon Hunter

Post#5 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:41 pm

IIRC my threat was point for point the same with the macro.

with patch 3.0.9 and the changes to judgment of light threat

my threat used to be the same as the macaro too. not anymore.

usually its pretty close to:
Judgment, HoTR,SoTR,holy shield, conc.

i try to stick pretty close to that, but the last 4 abilities, as you know, all sit in the gcd, and judgment is affected by it but doesnt trigger it.

with conc on a 10 second cooldown it staggers everything pretty well if it floats, sometimes all 4 main abilities are cool at the same time, sometimes you have 2 seconds or so of down time, thats usually where i hit divine plea or sacred shield.

Return to “Paladin”