[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Stackable Renews/Rejuvenations - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Stackable Renews/Rejuvenations

Priest class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla

Stackable Renews/Rejuvenations

Post#1 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:20 pm

How much do you think this will change raid healing? I am guessing a lot. I can see an addon that alerts you when your HOT is running out on which targets becoming invaluable. 3 or 4 priests and 1 or 2 druids keeping renews and rejuvenations on Tanks… I think spike dmg would be the only concern and one offhealer could watch this.

I wonder if we kept 4 HOTs on the tanks while fighting Hakkar if having multiple healers on the tanks will be needed (other than refreshing your renews every 15 sec). I think we would only need one priest to heal spike damage, but normal damage would be more than compensated for by the HOTS. I am using Hakkar as an example, but the same holds for most boss fights. Won’t stackable HOTs replace how we heal tanks completely? With 4 priests (b/c I don’t know what Druid HOTs tick for) - Lets say each renew ticks for 250 – that’s about 330hp healed every second with each priest only having to cast a heal every 15 sec at a cost of about 328 mana.

This patch will mean one of two things (or more likely both) – easier healing or extreme overhealing.

Even if you didn’t spec shadow, does this open up priests to start throwing some smites/holyfires down in boss fights? We throw an occasional SW:P up and wand when getting some mana back, but do you think this could open up a couple of priest (aside from shadows) to use some mana on dmg?

Cuchulainn

Post#2 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:54 pm

Optimal healing strategies will change a lot starting today. I already posted some thoughts on how I think healing will likely look in raids on the PA forums here:

http://www.perpetualaffinity.com/phpBB2 ... .php?t=334

Ecnailla

Post#3 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:58 pm

Blocked.

Can someone copy and paste it over?

Cuchulainn

Post#4 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:01 pm

Your work/school firewall is blocking the PA guild site? Weird...

Here's the whole post:

The Good

- Heal-over-Time (HoT) spells from multiple casters will now stack. If there's five priests in a raid, all five can cast Renew on the same target and have them all merrily ticking away.

- AQ20 spell book ranks are now available from class trainers.

- Lots of neato new talents for priests, druids, and pallies.

- Group DPS should be significantly higher, which means shorter fights and less healing needed.

The Bad

- You only get full benefit of +healing gear on spells trainable within the last 6 levels of your current level. No more spamming 1k Heal Rank 2s.

The Ugly

- Many addons will be broken, and any addon that does auto-targeting, spell selection, or targeting off a dynamic list will be gone permanently. No more Decursive, QuickHeal, Heart, EasyPriest, or casting off the CTRA Emergency Monitor or SmartHeal Hotlist.

What this all means for raid healers...

Stacking HoTs will be the new hotness. Tank healing on many fights will become a lot of healers stacking a lot of spells on all tanks rather than small groups of healers spamming heals on one tank each. Quickly replacing HoTs as they expire from targets will be an essential skill for all priests and druids.

Timing big heals will become more important. You don't have to worry as much about overhealing and mana conservation when spamming slow, low-cost 1k heals. You will have to worry about both a lot more when casting slow, high-cost 2.5-3k heals.

Cleansing debuffs will need to be more focused. Rather than having groups of cleansers spam a Decursive key, we'll need to assign cleansers to watch a specific group or class during decurse-intensive fights like Luci or Mar'li.

Click-casting is still very much supported. Addons like Clique and SmartHeal will still be very useful for quickly getting heals and cleanses on raid targets.

Ecnailla

Post#5 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:06 pm

A note about damage being increased across the board.

On the PTR one of the first things I did was run Scholo with a pug. We had 4 people-
1. Me- Shadow Priest - dmg
2. Pally- tank
3. pally – healer
4. Warlock – dmg

We had 0 problems except on Barov – one of us died. It was the fastest, easiest run of scholo I have ever done and we were short one person. None of us had awesome gear. We just dropped all mobs very very quickly. I want to try a 45 min run. Faster killing, easier healing and higher HP pools should make it easier. LFG 4 pallys to own any five man instance.

Return to “Priest”