5 shadow priest with VT running = 100%(or more) mana regen?

Priest class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 70

5 shadow priest with VT running = 100%(or more) mana regen?

Post by Ecnailla » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:24 pm

Pulled this out of the middle of a thread on worldofwar.net.
Even if his numbers are off, its is still very interesting.

“Have no idea if this is right... think I was actually pretty conservative w/ my estimates.

In a group of 5 lvl 70 SPs talented into Shadow Weaving, Misery, SF, Darkness, Focused Mind, all w/ an average of 500 +dam gear:
MF should cost about 195 mana and do around 1000 dam over 3 sec.
VT (R1) should cost 325 mana and do 651 dam over 15 sec.

Attack cycle: VT, MFx5 (GCD never comes into play)

Assuming Shadow weave(5) is already up...
Each priest would do 5651dam per cycle spending 1300 mana.
Each priest would regen 282 mana per cycle giving the group 1410 per cycle.
(and close to 8500hp)

Could be my math's wrong but it seems that not accounting for resists or other problems, a group of 5 SPs could theortically sustain 370 dps indefinately.

(i didn't account for things like Innerfocus + SW:D, priests taking turns spamming SW:D rather than MF, Meditation, or MP5 gear either though)

- Laloola”

Csesium

Post by Csesium » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:05 pm

Nerf

Ecnailla

Post by Ecnailla » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:07 pm

...dont worry Cses... didn't you see todays patch notes? Druids got nerfed....

anyway.. back to shadow priests and their awesome powers...

Elvenbane
Leader
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Priest
WoW character level: 110
WoW character guild: You and Whose Army
Battle.net region: us.battle.net
Battle.net character realm: Vek'nilash
Battle.net character name: Elvenbane
Battle.net character URL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... e/advanced

Post by Elvenbane » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:08 pm

Yes, it's true. Shadow Priests are the reincarnation of Lucifer in all his face melting pwnage.
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Ecnailla

Post by Ecnailla » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:10 pm

...I prefer Beelzebub... but to each his own.

Csesium

Post by Csesium » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:33 pm

I nearly creamed myself looking at the druid changes because of this alone

"Improved Starfire" has been renamed to "Celestial Focus" and now also increases the chance to resist casting pushback when casting "Wrath" by 25/50/70%.

OMFG A CHANCE TO RESIST WRATH INTERRUPTION WITHOUT INCREASING CAST TIME, somebody pinch me i'm dreaming.

Other notable buffs:
- "Feline Swiftness" has been renamed "Feral Swiftness". The dodge % increase now also applies to Bear and Dire Bear Forms.
- "Improved Moonfire" has been reduced to 2 ranks, for a 5/10% bonus.
- "Insect Swarm" has had its damage on all ranks increased. The mana cost of ranks 1 and 3 has been increased. The mana cost of ranks 4,5 and 6 has been decreased.
-"Pounce" no longer requires the druid to be behind the target.
- "Barkskin" is now usable while stunned.
- Druids now need substantially less agility per dodge.
- "Dire Bear Form" armor bonus increased to 450% and health bonus changed to a 25% percent health increase instead of a flat increase.
- "Regrowth" has had its mana cost reduced by approximately 18%.
"Mangle" now increases the damage from "Shred" as well. In addition, "Mangle" will now benefit from the damage boost from "Tiger's Fury".
- Shapeshifted druids will now be able to speak to npcs while shapeshifted.

^ Bout fucking time.

Debatable:
-"Nurturing Instinct" now grants its benefit at all times, but the bonus has been reduced to 25/50% of Strength.
- "Blood Frenzy" benefits have merged with "Primal Fury".
- "Swipe" has had its threat bonus multiplier removed.

^ That is debatable, because if you were using swipe to gain aggro and expect to do well with it, you were wrong. Maul, change targets, maul that one, rinse and repeat, taunt, aoe taunt, whatever else causes aggro, etc.

- "Tree of Life" healing bonus now increases the healing received by your party members instead of the healing dealt by your party members.

^ Merely changes the group class choices in raid situations. We shall see the overall effect it has.

- The "Tranquility" base amount healed per second has increased by approximately 273%. The radius of effect has increased from 20 yards to 30 yards. Mana cost has increased by 40%. The Cooldown has increased from 5 minutes to 10 minutes. The Duration has decreased from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.

^Basically turned into an "oh crap" button. Nerfed slightly, but also buffed slightly. Shouldn't be using tranquility very often anyway, pre patch or not.

Clear Nerfs:
- "Improved Leader of the Pack" has been reduced to 2 ranks for 2/4% total health healed.
- The Health bonus of "Bear Form" has changed to a 25% percent health increase instead of a flat increase.
- "Maul" has had its threat bonus multiplier changed to a flat value similar in threat per time to "Heroic Strike".