Shadow Priests rock. Just incase you were not aware....

Priest class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 70

Shadow Priests rock. Just incase you were not aware....

Post by Ecnailla » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:52 pm

Ok, So Bold and Zeph have got me hooked on world PVP. I love running between those three towers in Hellfire and hunting flagged hoardys, camping their bodys and getting nuked when I walk in to a group of about 5 of them.

Yesterday I was by myself and came upon a 67 rouge. There were some other allys and hordies about, but this was just a fight between me and the rogue (62 shadow priest vs 67 rogue). She killed me- but I got her down to about 25% of her hp. I was happy with this.

I came back, learning from my mistakes ready to kill her. I screwed up - she had less than half health, so I rezed, dropped shadow form (while behind a pillar) and tried to nuke her prematurely - didn’t use Fort or Inner fire. Big mistake, I battled her for a few sec before I stepped off the side of the building and died from the fall. Doh.

Ran back and she had moved. I buffed up/manaed up and found her (via a cheapshot between two towers). I got a fear off and nuked her, just in time to see her vanish. Again, doh- didn’t put a dot on her. Ran back a little, dropped shadow- healed, reshadow. Starts running around with perception trying to find her again- (kind of knew this was stupid b/c she had 5 lvls on me- perception wasn’t going to mean crap) – again, I found her via a cheap shot, but I had my shield on and she didn’t do much dmg before I got a fear off again. This time I got a dot on her… then as I see my dot, shadow weaving and misery disappear off her in an instant, then her run- exit combat and vanish – I have a WTF moment. I suddenly remember that cloak of shadows became a trainable skill, I assume by lvl 67. This would remove any dots….

I couldn’t find her again. I ran in one of the towers to see her un-stealthed trying to capture it.
/shield
/nuke
/dot
/fear
/nuke
about the time I get a mindflay going I get an ice bolt to the back! 64 undead mage on the level above me.

I just took a rogue 5 lvls higher than me from 100% health to 30-40% health without taking a hit and now I am dead b/c I have a mage 2 lvls higher than me coming out of left field.

I shadow word:Death the rogue in a desperate attempt, throw a dot on her right before I die. I’m done. She wins. Time for sleeping.
/spirit rez
/run to inn
/log

If I can do that much dmg to a rouge 5 lvls higher than me, God help her when I am her lvl.
/evilgrin

Other fun point of interest - xoe – the 70 mage from silence was flying on her epic bird between the towers the other day. Didn’t get to see her fight, but the mount was sweet as hell!

Elvenbane
Leader
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Priest
WoW character level: 110
WoW character guild: You and Whose Army
Battle.net region: us.battle.net
Battle.net character realm: Vek'nilash
Battle.net character name: Elvenbane
Battle.net character URL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... e/advanced

Post by Elvenbane » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:43 pm

Poor Ecn, your time will come.

Was over at Halaa with Liz and Strong. Anywho I passed out while the horde will still bombing it and woke up a couple hours later, the horde had started assaulting the city. I must have died some time after passing out cuz I was a ghost. So I run back, grab my corpse, shadowform, inner fire, shadow prot (my standard pvp buffs). Mage water was gone :(
Anyways, I shield and run out and who do I see but a 66 UD Rogue, havent seen this bastard since the days of realm-only BGs. VT->SWP->VE he pops sprint and rushes me and stuns, I start spamming my fear button, 1s left on stun, stuns again, shield has been gone for a couple hits now, stun runs out and I fear. Shield, he WOTFs, SWP->MF till dead.

<3 rogues

Killed em 2 more times before I logged.
Last edited by Elvenbane on Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Ecnailla

Post by Ecnailla » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:54 pm

WOTFs?

no nukes? just SW:P and face melt?

Elvenbane
Leader
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Priest
WoW character level: 110
WoW character guild: You and Whose Army
Battle.net region: us.battle.net
Battle.net character realm: Vek'nilash
Battle.net character name: Elvenbane
Battle.net character URL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... e/advanced

Post by Elvenbane » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:57 pm

Will of the Forsaken - UD Racial, breaks fear and makes them immune for 5s

I'm 61 so no SWD and I never nuke rogues/warrs/fdruids unless they're feared. It's too easy for them to get behind me and waste the casting time. Why spend 1.5s to deal no damage when I can do ~500 in that time.
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Ecnailla

Post by Ecnailla » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:21 pm

cool, never though of it like that, I just always tried to spin with them. I can usually stay facing them about half the time, but 50% hit chance isn't very good lol.

You said he had 1sec left on the stun- do you have a mod that tells you this or are you just able to tell how long each stun lasts? I am starting to get a feel for when each one is going to run out (more from playing my rogue than fighting them), but if there is a mod that counts this down while on the receiving end of a stun I would love to get it.

One more thing I have learned about SW:D -In pvp, if you have your shield up and have not taken any dmg- watch your weakened soul – as soon as it is up, hit SW:D and then just renew your shield. Your shield will absorb the reflected dmg (or most of it) – then be right back up. It costs a little more mana to refresh the shield, but hey – instanuke!

Kendalh
Demon Hunter

Post by Kendalh » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:35 pm

In the Interface Options menu, you can turn on Buff Durations. It will tell you how long each buff and debuff have left.

Ecnailla

Post by Ecnailla » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:39 pm

Oh cool, I didn't realize this worked on Debuffs.

Disapears

Post by Disapears » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:53 pm

Hey ecn, i got a similiar Story, i was fighting a lvl 68 rogue in bear form, and it was a a close fight, i thought i was going to win and then BAM! 2200 Crit from some stupid mage that came up behind us and i never seen

zephar

Post by zephar » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:54 pm

<3 Shadowpriest's
I crit perception so hard that I could see why people love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

" I saw a baby [ panda ] sneeze in a video and it telepathicly gave me a bonar. Cosmic Powers "