[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
would this spec be retarded? - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

would this spec be retarded?

Priest class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ahlyzabeth

would this spec be retarded?

Post#1 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:26 pm

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 1120000000

putting 37 pts in holy and 24 in Shadow, at 70?
You're the boss, applesauce!

Ahlyzabeth

Post#2 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:37 am

ANSWER DAMNIT!

Context

Post#3 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:10 am

YOU CALM DOWN!!!

...have trigger, will travel...

Ecnailla

Post#4 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:39 am

What would you be using it for? Raids? Pvp? Arenas? Genral mix of evertything?

Your main issues are going to be mana I think. Would you go with healing gear or dmg gear? If healing gear- I would be interested to see how much your VE ticks for.

I personaly think the healing tree has some issues and won't spec into it until they fix some chit.

Ahlyzabeth

Post#5 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:03 am

what if you mixed shadow with disc and picked up healing gear? I want ve for hots. Raiding, if i can get on them, mostly parties, pvp isnt my bag but when i do pvp i dont wanna just heal people i want to do some dmg too, even if its not much.

Does VE work only off your +shadowdmg?

Im tired so im being silly but I want a sexy spec that lets me heal well, but i want the shadow tree too.

Ecnailla

Post#6 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:57 am

You won't do as much dmg as a shadow priest.
You won't have as big of heals as a holy priest.
and you won't have as much mana as a disc. priest.

Jack of all trades, master of none type of thing.
But - you will be able to heal 100% of the time because you won't be in shadow from. You will be able to bounce back and forth from healing and dmg from one mob to the next depending on what is needed without having to drop shadow form – but gear could be a bit tricky. Do you go with healing, dmg or switch back and forth for mobs and bosses?

Well played with good gear I think you could be effective at backup healing at boosting the groups dps. You could probably be the main healer as long as your mana held out on longer fights.

Cuchulainn

Post#7 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:00 pm

Personally, I haven't seen a shadow/heal spec that works yet.

To get even halfway-decent DPS (especially after the next patch), you need to go very deep into shadow. To be able to solo heal a 5 man or do any sort of raid healing, you need to go medium-deep into *both* Disc and Holy.

Priests don't make a very good hybrid class, unfortunately.

Ecnailla

Post#8 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:45 pm

I found a write up on something like this- worth a look-

http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/04/10/bu ... st-35-5-21

Ahlyzabeth

Post#9 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:09 pm

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#10 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:57 pm

It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Palehorse

Post#11 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:27 pm

out of curiousity elv, why not take a point out of imp divine spirit and put it in spirit of redemption or holy nova?

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#12 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:33 pm

cuz spirit of redeption is retarded.
was workin to get more +dmg into the build but lookin at elven's spirit that 1 pt comes down to like +8dmg
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Cuchulainn

Post#13 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:55 pm

It'll be interesting to see how viable Smite builds are after they finally fix the bug with Surge of Light next patch. Nice Smite combo, though. Nienna runs with a very similar build and kicks arena butt.

Return to “Priest”