Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 70

Tailoring....

Post by Ecnailla » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:35 pm

Rumor has it I may be raiding as a shadow priest. (I love spreading rumors)

From what I have seen, some of the best gear around is BOP crafted. What do you think - should I drop one of my beloved gathering professions and lvl up tailoring?

I am kinda broke at the moment, but can farm gold pretty easy in BC. Plus I love running lower instances, so farming cloth shouldn't be an issue.

Palehorse

Post by Palehorse » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:57 pm

1) if there's a warlock or two, do it ;) I've heard that there's some nice synergy with shadow priests + warlocks. Perhaps it's because of vamp embrace + shadowform + curse of shadows?

2) I would've thought that crafting professions would still be good for casual players but inferior to pvp epics and raid loot (like pre-BC). Did that change? If not, then I'd say that crafted items are good if you aren't getting raid drops or have the requisite mats/time to craft....

3) If our raids need flasks/herbs, I'd suggest keeping herb and dropping skinning. Stock up a bit on the high end leathers first ;) You can always sell some of it to pay for speed lvling tailoring.

Ecnailla
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 70

Post by Ecnailla » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:12 pm

My 61 rogue has skinning, so yea- herbs stay and I would trade skinning for tailoring. Currently the crafted gear in BC is much better than the crafted gear in PreBC. From what I have seen, the crafted priest gear is only marginally worse than the good kara drops.