[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Going holy! rate my spec pls - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Going holy! rate my spec pls

Priest class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Kathadia

Going holy! rate my spec pls

Post#1 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:54 am

Palehorse

Post#2 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Based on my viewing several healing priest builds and my own opinion, I think that it's better to go unbreakable will rather than wand specialization. The reason is that you'll be much better off able to heal after resisting stun/fear/silence than adding a few hundred dps wanding someone. I can count on one hand the number of times a few hundred dps have made the difference between a boss falling, and a raid wipe.

Ecnailla

Post#3 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:53 pm

Ah, i think wands is an awesome choice. As a healer- you DO NOT want to resist an aoe fear.

Think about it- boss that can one shot a preist does an aoe fear and you are the only one that resists it... guess who has aggro. If my tank is feared, i'll gladly take the aggro dump right along with him.

I like the spec, but I would probably opt for the increased crit to holy spells (includes heals) instead of the reduced spell dmg. I would probably alos finish out that last talent in holy, but i'm not 100% where I would pull the points from... can't view it from work - just going off memory from what I saw this morning. I'll check it out again tonight.

I think you also skipped OOMnova- its a personal choice, but I like it : )

Ecnailla

Post#4 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:58 pm

Oh, i remember now- you took the bonus to healing from your spirit.

I did this too, but later questioned it. How much spirit do you have? A lot of spirit gear was replaced with MP5 and even with a human's racial boost and the buff, it isn't worth it a lot of times - but it might be for you- just depends how much spirit you have on your gear.

Its a solid spec, but I would probably opt out of the reduced spell dmg and the spirit boost and I would go for the crit, finish the +healing and possibly look to increasing the range of my aoe heals (I think you already reduced their mana cost)

I love your Disc picks- mana mana mana : )

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#5 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:19 pm

Eh, we pretty much discussed all this last night:
wand > will: if the tank gets feared and you don't, will you survive long enough for him to pickup aggro again?

Emp Healing: awesome talent but only affects GH/FH/BH, imp spirit affects all spells. Spiritual Guidance, Spirit of Redemption and Imp spirit = 40% of ur spirit added as +dmg/healing

Spell Warding is a waste imo, it's a very PVP talent. I'd definitely put those points into Holy Spec instead.

Not having oomNova or CoH, Holy Reach is a waste of points so it's good you didn't put anything into it.
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Kathadia

Post#6 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:13 pm

I was considering Spell Warding for the sake of survivability against bosses that do magic volleys of various sorts, but I suppose that's probably too situational to be a worthwhile use of talent points. If I want to survive magic volleys, I should finish my <school-of-magic> protection potion repertoire and use those :) Healing crits will increase my mana efficiency in all encounters, and with my current utterly abysmal MP5 (17! Does that suck or what? Forget Kara, I'll be struggling to heal BM!) I need all the mana efficiency I can eke out until I can get some actual gear.

Wand Spec was definitely a dump talent to get me to the 5-point tier in discipline, and I went with it rather than Unbreakable Will for the reasons Ecn and Elven went into. I doubt another 20 or so dps is going to make or break a raid or 5-man, but aoe fear -> priest dies might :) Then again... with my ridiculously low MP5 I'll be spending a lot of time wanding, so maybe Wand Spec will actually have some marginal utility in the short term c.c

I used to have oomnova in my pre-BC healing build, but my experience at 60 kind of soured it. It looks like a neat spell, but in practice it was only ever useful at all in Strat, and not very useful even then. There are better places to put a talent point.

In addition to the fact that emp healing only affects some spells, my motivation for Imp Divine Spirit over emp healing is improving the group buff. I think Elleandra will appreciate another +30 or so spell damage :)

What I don't want to do is base my talent build on my current gear. If you look at me on armory, my current gear blows goats. If I'm going to base my talents on gear, it should be based on upgrades. If, in the fullness of time, I end up with a gargantuan amount of +healing and miniscule Spirit, I may respec those points in Divine Spirit over to Emp Healing.

Cuchulainn

Post#7 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:56 pm

Well, you can check out my opinion on healing priest specs here:

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#char ... ash&n=Lugh

Mostly I agree with the comments above. About the only thing I'd add is Mental Strength > Holy Concentration.

Oh, and an unmentioned benefit of Wand Spec is that combining it with a pally using Judgement of Wisdom results in manalicious goodness.

Return to “Priest”