[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Vash keeps raping me. - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Vash keeps raping me.

Priest class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ahlyzabeth

Vash keeps raping me.

Post#1 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:25 am

So.... I've been having issues staying alive. Various different reasons....

My fade isnt up, the striders fear the fuck of of me into the middle and an elite cleaves my face off.

I do pay attention to my surroundings for the most part,

Is there a better place to stand, should I be moving around lots more than I do...

Any advice would be super helpsful!
You're the boss, applesauce!

Gnomerman

Post#2 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:39 am

dear lyz,

there are 3 things that you can do to improve your survival in the vashj fight.

1, only use your fade if it is 100% necessary. That will save your fade cooldown. If you are using xperl and omen it should flash red when you are targeted. You should always be aware of where the nearest tank is when the elietes are about to spawn. if it is coming from the area you are near go give hyrion or heart, or whoever is tanking a big hug if you think it might be chasing you.

2. Always be aware of where the strider is. When the strider is about to pop try to figure out where its coming from. if you see it
stay away from it. When its being kitied, move a little bit closer to the middle ( just watch out for the eliets) and throw your dots on it if you have time while healing. That is the most difficult thing is to be aware of the strider, and move away if necessary.

I realize its not the easiest thing. but being pre-emtive about when the striders and naga are coming, and lookiing out for them is the best way to avoid them. I realize you have to heal while doing this, so its a lot to do, but with practice, and knowledge of how to go about avoiding them, you will get it

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#3 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:24 am

Hover around Pax for an attempt or two and watch how he handles it. You want to stand close enough to the middle that the Strider won't path over you (if it's being kited properly) and know when to move if it gets too close.

As for the Elites, know when one is due and if you see it coming, run the hell away. I'd recommend keeping your camera zoomed out and pointed outward, so you can watch the stairs and outer ring. You can heal the inner ring people without facing them.

If you see an aggro alert, do not automatically pop Fade. In many cases, the mob will be way over on the other side and the tanks will have plenty of time to pick it up. Also, pay attention to which mob(s) are aggroing you. Tainted Elementals and Vashj target random people, so you can't Fade off of them. You only want to Fade if a Strider or Elite targets you and is in the same general part of the room. Since these enemies only pop every 45-60 seconds each, you should usually have Fade available.

Don't be afraid to shield yourself. I know it doesn't last an entire hit, but it could save your life.

Lastly, has anyone considered using Fear Ward in this fight, at least for the priests in the inner circle on themselves?

Brulan

Post#4 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:57 am

I know the biggest thing thats help my survivability is watching my timers and knowing where the tanks are located at all times. Naga about to spawn? Find the nearest tank and get ready to hug him if necessary.

I also try not to cast a heal for a couple seconds before and after the naga's spawn. The number one reason you're going to have a naga aggro onto you is because you smacked someone with a heal right as they spawned.
No.

Paxstris

Post#5 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Return to “Priest”