[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
so i have a priest.... - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

so i have a priest....

Priest class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Gnomerman

so i have a priest....

Post#1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:34 pm

so i have apriest i want to hit 70 before xpac

what is a good lvling build? im assuming its in shadow, but which talents are key when? like do i want blackout? spirit tap? etc etc... any help would be great, cuz im pretty noob at priest, at least right now, and all im experienceing is a lot of running away and dying. why can't priest have a big nuke like mages... honestly

any help would be much appreciated.

ty

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Gig

Post#2 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:42 pm

for lvling, i spec'd shadow since it's way easier to kill things and last longer. i put 5/5 Spirit Tap since everything you kill gives XP/Honor and the talent gives mana regen (more up time). i usually hit a mob with MB/DOT and shiled up so i wouldn't get interrupted while casting (not to mention getting killed). i also spec'd into Silence just for fun and survivability against caster types. fearing a mob is always fun, but you have to watch your surroundings.

what level is your priest anyway? it's kinda wierd but i found lvling my priest a lot more fun then lvling my rogue. i guess it's just me.

Heartwood

Post#3 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:49 pm

I have a baby Shadow Priest at around level 28. I find the class/spec at that level a little boring and tedious to level compared to some others. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they pickup at level 30 and beyond. As far as raw dps and avoiding downtime, I've found it easiest to open up with a DD spell, DoT, then go to a good wand. You can can some more DPS by including more casts, but the mana efficiency is poor leading to a lot of wasted time drinking to refresh mana.

-Heart

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Ecnailla

Post#4 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:55 pm

Fear>sheild
Sheild is very mana draining = less up time. Just start your rotation and about the time they get to you fear them. They should be dead by the time they get back to you. Use a macro that checks if you are casting mindflay before casting it again so you can just spam it.

What level you are will really effect your rotation, but for the mid levels I'd go with:
MB, SW:P, VE, MF, MF, MB

once lvl 50:
VT, VE, SW:P, MB, MF, MF, MB

While it is a bad talent for groups and raid, imp VE is good for soloing. I like blackout and I had sprit tap, but in hindsight I think EB was right - you just don't have enough sprit to justify it. I'l go with blackout >spirit tap if I was to do it over again.

I personally don't grab silence for PVE. I prefer casters vs caster and don't want them running up to start punching me in the face. I do get improved PS(fear). Get martydom (spelling?) ind disc. and you won't have to worry about pushback near as much.

Ecnailla

Post#5 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:59 pm

At the lower lower levels wands are awesome. The 2nd level wand made by enchanters (requires level 12 I think) - I could MB, SW:P and wand them to death before they got to me. It will last you until you get cookies stiring rod.

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#6 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:02 pm

It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Return to “Priest”