[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
FOODZ APPRECIATION THREAD! (MORE PARTICIPATION PLEASE!) - Page 8 - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

FOODZ APPRECIATION THREAD! (MORE PARTICIPATION PLEASE!)

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Palehorse

Post#106 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:46 pm

Heartwood

Post#107 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:41 am

I'd almost forgotten about this horrible drink from the 80's...

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#108 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:43 am

Hmm, and it's now the name of a travel company. How... odd.

Brulan

Post#109 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:20 am

It made it all the way through the mid 90's!
No.

Palehorse

Post#110 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:47 pm

Creme Cheese Kolacky = winner of a Chicago Tribune holiday cookie contest

Arlan

Post#111 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:39 pm

thread necro ftw...

I like to cook and made up a jambalaya recipe last night. I had a lot of things on hand already, but it can probably be made for ~$10 (as long as you already have a few basic spices) and makes enough for dinner and then lunch the rest of the week. Amounts do not have to be exact, when I cook I rarely measure. I wouldn't call it authentic or anything, but it is easy and cheap to make, tastes good, and is a complete, healthy meal.

Ingredients:
1 onion
a few cloves garlic
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 pound any type of sausage (pork, beef, sweet, spicy, whatever)
2 large tomatoes or one can chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp red pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 bay leaves
2 buillion cubes
2 cups long grain white rice

Finely dice the onion, bell peppers, garlic and tomatoes. Cut chicken and sausage into 1/2 inch cubes. In a large skillet add 2 tablespoons cooking oil (I use olive oil) sautee the sausage and chicken until cooked just on the outside (should take about 5 to 10 mins). Add in the diced onion, tomato, bell pepper and garlic and sautee for another 15 mins.

In a large stock pot combine the rice and 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add the dry spices and chicken and vegetables. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for ~20 mins or until the rice is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Enjoy!

amanita

Post#112 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:12 am

God, I almost forgot about this thread. Necro again!

Taralash

Post#113 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:52 pm

Amanita, your waffles are so fruity

Ecnailla

Post#114 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:25 am

Turkey in a cooler... best thing that has ever graced my mouth...that's all I'm saying.

Taralash

Post#115 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:53 pm

If you were a chick that might be hot

amanita

Post#116 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:29 pm

Taralash

Post#117 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:23 pm

Return to “General Discussion”