Taking off Work

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ginxx

Taking off Work

Post by Ginxx » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:15 pm

Just wanted some opinions.... I plan on taking two days off work for Wotlk. Should i take the 13th and the 14th? Or is it likely my 13th will be wasted with server crashes/server off line etc and would i be better off taking the 14th and the following monday the 17th?

Lealla
Class Leader
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Druid
WoW character gender: Female
WoW character level: 100
WoW character guild: You and Whose Army

Post by Lealla » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:19 pm

It's hard to say - you'll have players flooding the starting zones no matter which days you take off. If realm stability is your concern, then Friday/Monday might be a better bet.

Palehorse

Post by Palehorse » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:14 am

/agree some people said that when TBC came out it was crazy for most of the week...realm stability, bugs, crowded zones etc. If you're hardcore I can see the virtue of getting on asap but for the more casual of us, waiting a few days to avoid the overloading isn't going to be a big deal.

Heartwood

Post by Heartwood » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:33 am

I'm taking the Friday off work. I expect that the Thursday will have a lot of stability and patching issues. The last thing you want is to blow a day of holiday's to sit at home, angry, staring at the Realm Status page full of red icons.
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post by Lealla » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:39 am

I'm not even sure if I'll have the expansion by then. I preordered the Collector's Edition from Amazon but they are still telling me they won't even start shipping until the release date, meaning I wouldn't get it until the week after at the earliest. I hope they are able to pre-ship; otherwise I may bite the bullet and buy a normal copy on Thursday.

Ecnailla
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 70

Post by Ecnailla » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:50 am

I'm considering, not the next mon/tue - but the mon/tue after that. Give it a week and avoid all the people taking off work.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post by Lealla » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Damn you, Amazon! Release Date Shipping is available for the standard edition but not the CE?! I just sent an email to customer service asking if they can upgrade me. Blargh.

Overan

Post by Overan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:55 pm

I would do Friday if I were you...

I am going to find out if Frys will ship it so I get it on/before the release date... If so, then I am also taking off Friday and possibly Monday... Or at least I will be "working" from home... heh
MORE DOTS!

Gig

Post by Gig » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:58 pm

i'm taking the day of and that friday off.