Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 70

Need some creative thinking...

Post by Ecnailla » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:26 pm

Ok, the other team managers and unit managers told me a semi funny thing that might be happening in our department.

We have a girl who has an identical twin. They made some joke about how whenever she acts weird we just assume it is her twin. I laughed... but then they started listing some examples and realized, while they thought it was funny, they were dead serious. They aren't sure...

"Justin, she will ask questions we know she knows..."
"She called me and just said "I have a call for you - I don't know who it is, they just said they need to talk to someone different"

They said one day she was feeling really sick and said she didn't know if she would be in the next day, but the next day she was more upbeat and happy than she had been in a while... the next day, kind of like she had just got over a little bug or something...

I personally think this is awesome and give her crazy props if she is pulling this off, but just for my own personal satisfaction... I want to catch her. I don't want to throw her under a bus or embarrass her or anything - I just want to know for sure.

So... plan with me here - what can I do that would make it 100% obvious or debunk the idea, but only something I would be able to notice?

I was I could start some small "good morning" routine that was very subtle, so she wouldn't even realize it - but enough that I could notice if she had 2 distinct habits of responding or not.

Idk... ideas?

Gnomerman

Post by Gnomerman » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:11 pm

hmmmm, this is fun times right here.

honestly, just need to go up to her and ask her in a semi private fashion. need to say something along the lines of this.

"hello there, so i've got a crazy story i think you might be interested in. In all reality, its not a story, but i need to know, do you ever send your twin to work for you, (and you stop her if she says anything)" and in a lower, but excited tone "cuz i think that is seriously the most awesome thing ever if you do"

now you know how pro i am with words, so it might need some spiffining up.

option two is fingerprints. identical twins do not have the same fingerprints (true story). you need to develope a method to do that, im not a forensic scientist. i've just watched lots of movies.

option 3 is probably the most work. it involves actually getting to know her just a little bit more. they probably will differ in tastes (what they have in their coffee, what soft drink they prefer, what snacks they eat). or try to get to notice clothing style, hair styles, shoes, etc. problem there is sisters (or friends) share clothes, (man women are wierd like that).

i will think of more tomorrow at work, cuz i guarantee i'll get bored

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Elvenbane
Leader
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Priest
WoW character level: 110
WoW character guild: You and Whose Army
Battle.net region: us.battle.net
Battle.net character realm: Vek'nilash
Battle.net character name: Elvenbane
Battle.net character URL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... e/advanced

Post by Elvenbane » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:53 am

branding
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Ecnailla

Post by Ecnailla » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:36 am

Smooth talk, fingerprint, learn her likes/dislikes... gnomer, I'm trying to catch her, not date her.

Elvenbane
Leader
Battle.net character URL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... e/advanced

Post by Elvenbane » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Elvenbane wrote:branding
Elvenbane#1520

Gnomerman

Post by Gnomerman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:38 pm

^ +5 for this one
i'd reccomend using an Infared inked pen.

and i know you wanted a trap ec, i just didn't think of one at the time, but if you think about it "catching" and "dating" a girl are very similar.

and i've yet to find a trap mechanism as i've actually had to get things done today.

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Lealla
Class Leader
WoW character class: Druid
WoW character gender: Female
WoW character level: 100

Post by Lealla » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:46 pm

Other than soliciting her voluntary participation or trying to trip her verbally, your options include some form of branding or fingerprinting, or hiring someone outside the company to check her out, like a PI. You could try looking her up on social networking, see if she/they have a Facebook account and if they talk about the twin switch, all sorts of things.

Guenever
Demon Hunter

Post by Guenever » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Gnomerman wrote: i'd reccomend using an Infared inked pen.
You really think that's what Elven meant by branding? Have you met Elven at all?

Gnomerman

Post by Gnomerman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:43 am

i know elven meant exatly as you brand cattle, i was just trying to be nice to the (possibly) tortured soul.

Ecnailla

Post by Ecnailla » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:26 am

I found a novelty brand for use on steaks when you grill them - about the size of a half dollar -should work nice.

Lealla
Class Leader
WoW character class: Druid
WoW character gender: Female
WoW character level: 100

Post by Lealla » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:36 am

Great, let me know what the labor law police have to say about it. ^_^

Gnomerman

Post by Gnomerman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:45 pm

there are labor laws in texas? i need to go there, labor laws, and unions make my job terrible.

Guenever
Demon Hunter

Post by Guenever » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:05 pm

No unions in Texas :-)

Gnomerman

Post by Gnomerman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:38 pm

rule of any type of business. if you want to manufacture anything in this country, do it in texas, alabama, or mississippi. it will cost you less :)

man texas sounds like a good time

Elvenbane
Leader

Post by Elvenbane » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:15 pm

Elvenbane wrote:
Elvenbane wrote:branding
Elvenbane#1520