[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
PvP prepatch Spec discussion - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

PvP prepatch Spec discussion

Rogue class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla

PvP prepatch Spec discussion

Post#1 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:10 pm

This is all prepatch and will change after tomorrow, but just for curiosity sake I am posting to get your opinion-

I took my lock out of the guild and put my rogue in. I have found the spec’s really interesting, but I think my lvl 60 layout would be something like 8/8/35. I have looked at all of our rouges and Elven’s seems to be the only one along the same line of thinking. I was just curious as to our rogues thoughts behind their specs. I plan on focusing on stunlocks. I will carry two swords, but swap out a dagger rather often for cloth or low health targets. Break down of the spec –

Assassination
Improved Eviscerate – 3/3 - Eviscerate used in combo regularly
Malice – 5/5 - +Crit = good

Combat
Improved Gouge 3/3 – extra time in stunlock to get energy
Improved Sinister Strike 2/2 – less energy used on a main combo tool
Improved Backstab 3/3 – A must to use a Ambush/Backstab combo when going for a two shot.

Subtlety
Master of Deception – 5/5 – A must to get the jump on an opponent.
Opportunity – 5/5 – Same as Improved Backstab
Camouflage – 5/5 – Helps to maneuver and avoid targets trying to find you while in stealth.
Initiative - 3/3 – A must for the combo I use. Is 75% a lot? lol
Ghostly Strike- 1/1 – Kind of a place filler, but I like this move.
Improved Ambush – 3/3 – See Opportunity and Improved Backstab.
Improved Sap – 3/3 – Gold. Great for psyching out an opponent or taking one player out of combat. Raid/group use is great too.
Heightened Senses – 2/2 - sort of a place holder, but great when vs another rogue.
Preparation – 1/1 – I must for the stunloc combo I use.
Dirty Deeds – 2/2 – I use cheapshot as my opener 90% of the time
Deadliness – 5/5 – is increased attack power good?

The stunlock I use (from osirus guide) Cheapshot>Sinister Strike>Gouge>Eviscerate>Blind>Vanish>Cheapshot>Sinister Strike>Gouge>Preparation>Eviscerate>Blind>Vanish>Cheapshot>SinisterStrike>Gouge>Eviscerate

If you pull this off and link one stun to the next the only opening is between Eviscerate and blind, but since there is no global cooldown for blind you can hit it instantly after you eviscerate. Mages can Blink out of Cheapshot and kidney shot, but not blind. I will probably try a Ambush/Backstab/Blind/Vanish/Preperation/Ambush/Backstab/Blind/Vanish/Ambush/Backstab for any mage.
Should be more than enough to finish a mage, but it has more holes of escape than the first combo.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Criticism?

Gadera

Re: PvP prepatch Spec discussion

Post#2 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:29 am

Ecnailla

Post#3 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:29 am

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#4 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:23 am

Vanish is 5
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Context

Post#5 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:22 pm

there's a subtlety talent to lower cooldown of blind and vanish

*yah, just checked, you can lower cooldown of blind and vanish by 1.5 MINUTES*

...have trigger, will travel...

Ecnailla

Post#6 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:30 pm

Thats right, I was pretty sure mine was on a 3.5 timer.

Context

Post#7 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:42 pm

psh, don't listen to a PRIEST and a WARR about rogues man....

c'mon :P

and ignore my signature banner.....at the leat the class part of it

...have trigger, will travel...

Ecnailla

Post#8 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:45 pm

This preist will stun lock any lvl <45ish you throw at it.

Iì FTW

Gadera

Post#9 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:24 am

Ecnailla

Post#10 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:20 am

Return to “Rogue”