PVP Rogue question

Rogue class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Voodew

PVP Rogue question

Post#1 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:38 pm

I have a 70 rogue alt just sitting, thinking about using her for pvp only can anyone give me some spec advice or a link fora good talent build. Her proffesions are miner/herber FYI.

Pros and cons on daggers vs mace vs swords etc etc.

Thanks

Gig

Post#2 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:58 pm

if you're going PVP, i would spec your rogue either combat Mace or swords. talk to Hellen about his Mace spec. other then that, the Mut spec is really fun to play with (daggers).

maces are good for big bursts of damage. apllied with SnD, it is really hard to get out of a stun lock. the only con i see with maces is their speed and it is hard to find a pair of good ones to use (unless you have enough arena points.

If you're planning on going with daggers, i would go with a Mut spec. combat daggers don't put out enough damage in PVP. with a mut spec, you can slow them down (from improved poisons) and kill a target faster....not to mention mut spec is really fun to play with. you're going to need two daggers with the same speed (and you're looking for something 1.8 or slower).

i would mess around with all the specs and weapons to see wich one you like the best. it's not the spec / weapons you use is how you play your toon

Ecnailla

Post#3 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:40 pm

why do they need to be the same speed?

zephar

Post#4 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:09 pm

Maces
I crit perception so hard that I could see why people love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

" I saw a baby [ panda ] sneeze in a video and it telepathicly gave me a bonar. Cosmic Powers "

kites

Post#5 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:12 pm

Most rogues spec maces just because of how simple the play style is. BUt there are a variety of very good specs for pvp.

In reality, its like Gig said. Find a spec appropriate to your play style rather than the cookie cutter builds you see everywhere.

Gig

Post#6 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:09 pm

Ecnailla wrote:why do they need to be the same speed?

there is a move in the assassination tree called mutilate. it's where the rogue stabs his target with both daggers at the same time, thus causing 2 combo hits on the combo tree for the rogue's finishing move. inorder to meet the highest damage possible for each dagger, you'll need to have two daggers with the same speed to reach the most damage. you would want the slowest speed possible to reach your highest damage range.

Ecnailla

Post#7 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:43 pm

Yea, i used to be mut. spec - but I don't recall reading anything about haveing the same weapons speed causing more dmg?

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#8 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Moved to Rogue Discussion
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Gig

Post#9 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:30 pm

You want a nice slow dagger in your main hand and a slow one in your off hand as mutilate needs top end dmg on a wep to do good dmg. Similar to SS. the reason why i mentioned 2 slow daggers for the highest damage out put is because the highest damage daggers are the slower ones (not to sound like a smart ass). :D

check this out: http://roguecrap.blogspot.com/2007/03/m ... eapon.html

Ecnailla

Post#10 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:24 pm

yea, i understand that- the higher top end the higher mutes. ect.

that still has nothing to do with them having the same speed.

If is have two daggers both at 2.6 and I have a chance at a dagger that is 2.7, my dmg would go up, (assuming everything else is the same) .

I don't think their speeds, as compaired to each other, mater at all.

Slower = better b/c higher top end dmg. Trying to get matching speeds is pointless from what I can tell.

zephar

Post#11 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:30 pm

Yeah the same speed stuff doesn't really make a lot of sense. Slower = higher top end damg.
I crit perception so hard that I could see why people love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

" I saw a baby [ panda ] sneeze in a video and it telepathicly gave me a bonar. Cosmic Powers "

Gig

Post#12 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:49 pm

dude....what did i just say?

because the highest damage daggers are the slower ones

simple as that.

if you can find something faster with a high damage output....that go with that. typically, the highest DMG output are the ones with 1.8 spd. as opposed to anything faster.

also, it all falls back to your playing style. find something you like and stick with it.

more reading regarding dagger speed for mut:

http://thottbot.com/s34413

Ahlyzabeth

Post#13 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:46 pm

shadow step is your friend
You're the boss, applesauce!

Ecnailla

Post#14 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:50 am

ok ok - i just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something - this threw me for a loop -

Gigaflo wrote: you're going to need two daggers with the same speed (and you're looking for something 1.8 or slower).

I really spent like half an hour trying to find some t.craft that mentioned it.

Gig

Post#15 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:13 am

OMG...you did that? if you look at the link i've provided, it explains why (in some way) other then the slower daggers are the higher DMG ones.

Return to “Rogue”