WTB Sword Rogue rotation

Rogue class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Stask

WTB Sword Rogue rotation

Post#1 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:17 am

Ok, gang, the long-awaited day is about to arrive. In 24 hours, I should have the Gladiator Slicer S1 MH sword, which means that I'll be respeccing to combat swords very shortly. I'm gonna copy something close to Mera's spec to start out with and see how that goes.

That being said, I have to learn/relearn a new rotation since I'm not using Backstab anymore. :cry:

I'm already gathering the mats for 2 Mongoose chants on my swords, see here.

I know sword rogues use SS and Evis in their rotation but that's about it. I expect that Rupture will replace Backstab in my rotation but some advice from the sword rogues would be greatly appreciated.
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Merawynn

Post#2 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:35 am

Um, Evis is NEVER used unless the mob is immune to bleed effects or you don't have time to get the bleed effect off.

My typical rotation is 2 S&D and 5 rupture.

Stask

Post#3 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:32 pm

So Sinister Strike x2, S&D at 2 combo points, then Sinister Strike x5, and then Rupture at 5 combo points. Ok, I think I can swing that.

Yeah, I knew Evis is disfavored; I always used BackStab (or Rupture on bleed-vulnerable mobs) instead of Evis as my finishing move. Evis does crap-all for damage.

I gotta rearrange my action bar and relern2playmyrogue. I can't wait to see how my numbers improve.

Gig

Post#4 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:41 pm

i tend to use Envenom more of a finishing move. try putting some points in the poison area on the Ass tree.

(i am the only dagger rogue in the guild....Excellent.....my plan is almost complete. the Fang of Vashj and the ZA daggers will soon be mine....AND MINE ALONE...no one will stand in my way!!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!)

wow...was i thinking out loud?

Disapears

Post#5 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:26 pm

1 SnD 5 rupture is my rotation

zephar

Post#6 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:02 pm

1 sandwich and 2 pickles is my rotation
I crit perception so hard that I could see why people love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

" I saw a baby [ panda ] sneeze in a video and it telepathicly gave me a bonar. Cosmic Powers "

Gig

Post#7 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:17 pm

wipe back to front x3, front to back x4, back to front again x2, and front to back x1. that is my rotation.

Stask

Post#8 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:41 pm

Gigaflo wrote:wipe back to front x3, front to back x4, back to front again x2, and front to back x1. that is my rotation.

You forgot the finishing move: throwing the soiled toliet paper in the toliet and flushing.

Gig

Post#9 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:14 am

HA HA....nice one stask

Return to “Rogue”