Trinket, BF, and AR macro

Rogue class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Gig

Trinket, BF, and AR macro

Post#1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:47 pm

i was looking for a way to cut down my button clicking while trying to get my casts going. i noticed i was wasting too much time trying to activate all my buttons. with a little help[ from Lealla, i was able to make something that any combat rogue would want to use/have.

i happen to have the Bloodlust Brooch and i wanted to use it with BladeFlurry and my Adrenaline Rush. as lealla pointed out, AR has a GCD so you won't be able to use all 3 in the same time. i was looking around the net and found out you can cast the trinket and BF, wait for a second and cast AR. you'll have to click on the macro button twice.

/use Bloodlust Brooch (or the name of any trinket you have)
/castsequence reset=120 Blade Flurry, Adrenaline Rush

i also made a seaparate one for using the Bloodlust Brooch and BF since they share the same CD time and AR takes 5 min to cool down.

/use Bloodlust Brooch
/use Blade Flurry

Hope this helps anyone.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:02 pm

Gigaflo, those are good macros. However, you can make them even more efficient if you want to.

First, let's look at your trinkets. You may have more than one trinket equipped with a "Use" ability, and you may change trinkets from time to time. In both cases, you want the macro to pop your trinkets without being dependent on having a specific item equipped or in your bags. Thus, you would change your /use line as follows:

Code: Select all

/use 13
/use 14

This attempts to use both equipped trinkets. In most cases, powerup trinkets share a cooldown so you can only have one up at a time. This macro will therefore activate whichever trinket is not on cooldown.

Second, you can combine those macros into a single one if you don't mind using a modifier key.

#showtooltip
/castsequence [mod:shift] Blade Flurry; [mod:ctrl] Adrenaline Rush; reset=120 Blade Flurry, Adrenaline Rush
/use 13
/use 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

What this does, if clicked normally, is cast Blade Flurry on the first click and Adrenaline Rush on the second. It also attempts to pop your trinkets. If you hold Shift while clicking it, it will always attempt Blade Flurry, and if you hold Ctrl, it will always attempt Adrenaline Rush. It will also show the tooltip of whichever of those abilities would be used.

The last line suppresses the red error text from attempting to use items or abilities that are on cooldown. If you want, you can also have it suppress the error sounds. That variant is below:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [mod:shift] Blade Flurry; [mod:ctrl] Adrenaline Rush; reset=120 Blade Flurry, Adrenaline Rush
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/use 13
/use 14
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Gig

Post#3 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:16 pm

dam it Lealla! where were you tonight? i was trying to find you for help. HA HA!!!! thanks man, i'll poke around with these.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#4 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:35 pm

Moving. Well, packing for moving. Tomorrow's the big day.

Stask

Post#5 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:47 am

I don't have the Bloodlust Brooch but I do have the Hourglass of the Unraveler (non-use trinket) and the Abacus of Violent Odds (which IS a use trinket). I have a macro that combines my Blade Flurry and my Abacus of Violent Odds but I often refrain from using it when there are sheeped or otherwise CC'ed mobs around as the Blade Flurry will break CC if I'm not careful.

I'll take a further look at these macros posted here in further detail soon.
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Return to “Rogue”