expertise number

Rogue class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Gig

expertise number

Post#1 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:15 pm

just wanted to clarify something. what is your real exp. number? is it the total ammount of exp. on each item or the total number on your melee stat?

or

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:54 pm

Just like all other stats, Expertise has both a rating and an actual value. The rating conversion is designed to scale with level so that gear becomes weaker as you gain levels, thereby forcing you to upgrade.

You can also gain Expertise from racial abilities and talents. Your final Expertise is the sum of your racial abilities, talents, and the conversion from your Expertise Rating.

I confess that the Armory tooltip you are showing above is a bit confusing; if I read it right you have 27 Expertise Rating from gear and an extra 52 Expertise from talents, which doesn't sound correct. Is that belt your only Expertise gear, or do you have other gear that gives it to you (from stats, gems, or socket bonuses)?

Heartwood

Post#3 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:11 pm

3.92 expertise rating = 1 expertise (actual) at level 70.
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Gig

Post#4 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:13 pm

i have the Shard of Contempt. i also have some shoulders and boots with exp. rating on them.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#5 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:19 pm

Okay, then the tooltip is worded incorrectly, although it's showing the correct values.

You have 69 Expertise Rating from gear, converting to 17.6 Expertise (rounded down to 17). You have 10 Expertise from talents, for a total of 27. 4 Expertise = 1% reduction in Dodge/Parry, so it comes out to 6.75%, which is over cap for Parry, although not necessarily for Dodge.

You can test this by fighting mobs from the front: you should never get an attack parried (and see virtually no dodges). You do not need any more Expertise Rating on your gear.

Return to “Rogue”