[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Rogue Talents in WoTLK - Page 2 - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Rogue Talents in WoTLK

Rogue class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Palehorse

Post#16 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:59 pm

here's a link to elitistjerks rogue pve / wotlk discussion:
http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t26242-rogu ... iscussion/

and also the wotlk rogue forum:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board ... umId=10020

Taralash

Post#17 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:02 pm

Don't get me wrong, Mutilate is a great spec, and your build looks fairly solid, but I have a few... concerns. :P

First of all, Improved Kidney Shot is very lackluster IMO, I'd take those 3 points and redistribute them, preferably in Blood Spatter, which boots Rupture damage. Same goes for Fleet Footed, which I just dont see being viable in a raid situation, and only marginally useful in PvP.

Yes, there are a handful of very good talents early on in both Subtlety and Combat. You put points into Relentless Strikes and Opportunity, and I see no failure in logic behind that. The problem with Combat is that there are a LOT of filler talents, Improved Kick, Sprint, Endurance and Nerves of Steel, to name a few, regarding raiding. Subtlety is my favorite Rogue tree, but it takes a while for it to get good, you really have to invest a lot of points in it, because for Subtlety to work you cannot pick and choose your talents, it works as a whole.

Palehorse

Post#18 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:04 pm

I'm curious, is subtlety any good or is the tree situation similar to what I understood it to be in tbc: assassination and combat > subtlety ?

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#19 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:28 pm

Subtlety remains aimed at PvP but there are some very solid PvE DPS talents in there now. Deadliness, Dirty Deeds, Sinister Calling, Honor Among Thieves, even Shadow Dance, all have solid PvE utility. The "word on the street" is actually that Combat is somewhat weak this time around, although Blizzard has promised to work some more on it - I don't know if those changes are in now or are still to be announced.

Ecnailla

Post#20 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:36 pm

PVE dps spec-

Prep 3 HFB
And you can just open with garrote, mutilate, S&D, Mutliate, mutilate, rup. mute, mute, envenom over and over - and the envenom will refresh your slice and dice.

Then just refresh HFB as needed.
Last edited by Ecnailla on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ecnailla

Post#21 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:41 pm

Stask, pve combat swords-

Stask

Post#22 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:30 am

Here's my own pve Combat Sword spec that I came up with: for lvl 80. It's slightly modified from an earlier build i made: I just took out the 5 points from Vile Poisons and Imp Poisons and put them into Relentless Strikes and I moved the 2 points from Imp Sprint to Blade Twisting.

Constructive comments welcome.
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Gig

Post#23 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:32 am

Lealla:
is a lvl 61 build i came up with. of course as you lvl, you're going to want to put points into Dual Wielding and Percison as well as completing the relentless strikes box. i was thinking about putting some points into Remoerseless Attacks since you sill be receiving honor but i thought the points were lacking at 61.

what are the weapons you're using?

Gnomerman

Post#24 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:45 am

it seems like mace spec may be viable for a rogue (depending if there are appropriate maces put into the game) for the 15% armor ignore, i havn't looked at any spreadsheets to determine if its better than an extra swing every 20 hits.

btw improved kidney shot is not lackluster in raid, 9% more dmg from all sources, i don't think thats lackluster

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Gnomerman

Post#25 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:54 am

also lealla, for lvling a rouge, imo combat is the best, due to your ability to not take dmg. if you arn't raiding, and arn't pvping, you will be fighting from the front, and you will want to dodge and parry, and get all the happy benefits from doing the two

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=fZMxAz0Vxoru0gRt

is a lvl 60 build with the new talents.
it doesn't have any weapon spec in it, so you have the freedom to use any weapons you aquire (however if you always use swords/daggers/maces, it allows you to do it as well)

from there its whatever you want. yeah, its ugly for raiding, but you'll want the dodge and parry, so those angry orcs with big axes hit you less :)

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Gig

Post#26 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:56 am

in raids, Rogues seldom opsens with KS. the only time i use it is in trash mobs in Hyjal. other then that, you'll either piss off the tank since you're f-n' his agro gen or getting yourself killed.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#27 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:00 pm

Gnomer, when I'm grinding on my Rogue, I don't plan to get hit. Between CS, KS, and Mutilating from the front, mobs should die long before they get a chance to whack on me very much.

Gig

Post#28 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:02 pm

Lealla, i have a feeling when / if you go into BGs, you're going to be that rogue everyone hates.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#29 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:12 pm

That would depend greatly on whether or not I invest in some PvP gear. But yes, I would probably enjoy stabbing faces in BGs.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#30 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:41 pm

Return to “Rogue”