70+ Leveling PVE Dagger spec?

Rogue class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla

Post#16 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:43 pm

Shard of Azzinoth is a very slow one-hand dagger. It is made for an off hand muti spec imo.

Shonmitsu

Post#17 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:25 pm

High top end damage is always considered your main hand weapon, due to the fact that the main hand damage deals more fully, in all attacks, than your off hand. the only way he'd use the shard in his off hand, is if he had another dagger with higher top end damage than the shard. and currently the only daggers with higher top end are Infinity Blade, Crux of the Apocalypse. The only dagger he would use for mutilate or backstab that has lower top end damage would be Blade of Serration (Badge Dagger, MH) or Brutal Gladiator's Shanker both for the reason of the critical strike chance alone. this is what i feel at least, although on gearing for this, i'd submit to whatever gig would think

Shonmitsu

Post#18 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:34 pm

But don't the speed on both the MH and OH need to be the same for Mut spec? If that's so, then won't the 1.9 speed on the Shard and the 1.8 speed on the Mutilator pose a problem? The entire reason im looking at combat spec instead of Mut is because Gig told me that the Shard wasn't ideal for Mut because of it's 1.9 speed.

I'm confused and my brain hurts... :-(

Well, since the server is down, i've been searching most of the day for a solid answer to this, the only thing i can believe he means by this, is that this is less preferable to the 105 BoJ Dagger Blade of Serration, due to the lack of available critical rating, i'd agree, but if you don't have that or brutal glad's then its your best bet in a MH dagger

Stask

Post#19 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:58 pm

Ok, let's make this simple. Since Combat Daggers isn't really suited to my style of play (Gouging and running behind the mob sucks ass and nerfs my DPS to shit), I'm more than likely going Mut spec. That said, if I'm going to be using the Shard of Azzinoth (either in MH or OH), which dagger out of all the melee daggers available for purchase with Badges of Justice (I also have the Prowler's Strikeblade, though it might be too fast for Mut) is the most suited to be the weapon I should equip alongside the Shard? And which weapon should go in which hand?

Keep in mind that I only have about 91 BoJ on Shariella presently and I'm not looking forward to farming another 59 badges just to get the Blade of Serration especially since it might be tough as balls to get multiple Kara runs between now and when people start devoting themselves to WotLK. In, like, a few days. :-P

EDIT: Additional pertinent info: HERE is the Mut spec that Gig suggested I use to level from 70 to 80.
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Return to “Rogue”