3.1 for Rogues so far

Rogue class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Doulmagnus

3.1 for Rogues so far

Post#1 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:08 pm

ROGUE

Hunger for Blood – instead of a self-buff, this ability can only be used when there is a bleed effect on the target. However, it has no stacks and grants a 15% damage bonus.

Adrenaline Rush – the cooldown on this ability has been lowered.

Lightning Reflexes – reduced to 3 ranks. In addition to 2/4/6% dodge, this talent now also grants 4/7/10% passive melee haste.

Killing Spree – while this ability is active, the rogue does 20% additional damage.

Savage Combat – now causes 2/4% physical damage done.

Mace Specialization – this talent now grants haste in addition to armor penetration.

Disapears

Post#2 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:27 pm

Those are some pretty nice combat changes, im looking forward to the patch now.

Stask

Post#3 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:02 pm

Not having to stack HoB is nice but can it only be used when there's a bleed effect on the target? Does that mean if Rupture drops off the target, HoB won't work?
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#4 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:25 pm

You can also get it from Deep Wounds, Rend, Rip, Rake, etc.; it doesn't have to be a Rogue bleed.

Stask

Post#5 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:28 pm

Ok, that is pretty nice. Can't wait to try it out in raid.

Gig

Post#6 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:13 pm

wow. rogues now comes with less suck!

Heartwood

Post#7 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now Gig....
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Gig

Post#8 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Stask wrote:Ok, that is pretty nice. Can't wait to try it out in raid.

yup...can't wait either........for the boss(es) in Ulduar to be immuned to bleed effects. HA HA!!!!

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#9 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:17 pm

Blizz already made mechanical and elemental mobs able to bleed, which is a travesty of realism if I ever saw one. I wouldn't worry.

Stask

Post#10 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:09 pm

Lealla wrote:Blizz already made mechanical and elemental mobs able to bleed, which is a travesty of realism if I ever saw one.

Yes, because realism is just so relevant when we are talking about fantasy creatures like elementals and demi-god-made mechanical constructs. :-P

daxlin

Post#11 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Combat isnt all that bad right now even. I stayed combat through the mutilate craze. But now it looks like combat is getting a big buff.

Sarth +2
Malygos 25
Sapphiron, Kel'Thuzzad(They cant all be winners... :) )

Best thing I can recommend with ANY spec is to be aggressive. And you can be aggressive with any spec and still live just by using Tricks of the Trade on the pull. Run in with the tank, have tricks already on the tank, and just go to town on the mob. Your overall DPS will be higher because you're starting sooner, but you'll also allow your raid as a whole to start DPS sooner because the tank's threat will skyrocket right out the gate.

Gig

Post#12 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:28 pm

daxlin wrote:Best thing I can recommend with ANY spec is to be aggressive. And you can be aggressive with any spec and still live just by using Tricks of the Trade on the pull. Run in with the tank, have tricks already on the tank, and just go to town on the mob. Your overall DPS will be higher because you're starting sooner, but you'll also allow your raid as a whole to start DPS sooner because the tank's threat will skyrocket right out the gate.

Yup! i usually stay in stealth with CB up and Tricks casted on the MT. i open up with a 6-8k ambush (which is directed to the MT agro pool).

Return to “Rogue”