[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
respec - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

respec

Warlock class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Durmst

respec

Post#1 » Wed May 10, 2006 3:35 pm

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#2 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:21 pm

It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Durmst

Post#3 » Wed May 10, 2006 9:34 pm

i never went this far down... i never knew there were class forums lol

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#4 » Wed May 10, 2006 9:54 pm

It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Guide

Post#5 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:30 pm

What do you intend to use Shadowburn for? PvE/PvP?

Shadowburn costs a shard unless it's the killing blow. Assuming you make killing blow w/shadowburn every battle, you will still be at a long-term shard deficit, since you need shard for healthstone/soulstone and you won't be able use drain soul during those battles.

PvE it doesn't make grinding go faster since you will need to farm back the shard later. PvP it is good as it gives you one extra nuke.

What's your playing style right now? (e.g. what order of spell do you use? what pet do you use? what class do you group with?)

Durmst

Post#6 » Thu May 11, 2006 11:23 am

I'm mainly solo with voidwalker. I intend to use Shadowburn for PvP to up my killing blows and for runners in PvE. Those damn runners get me every time ><. I usually Immo/Corr/CoA and depending on the class go from there. If it's a healer I'll usually hit it with a couple of shadow bolts so I knock it out before it can heal itself. If it's big and nasty I'll also hit it with a few shadow bolts. If there are multiple pulls I'll use searing pain on one to get it off my pet and gone quickly, or i'll dot them all (3 max) and hit them with rain of fire (depends on how i feel). If it's just a weakling I'll save mana and use my wand.

On another note, I read through this forum and I agree with the arguments against Improved Drain Soul that I believe Evilturtle made. I was also thinking and decided that it isn't prudent to put 5 points into Improved Corruption to make it instant, because there's still a 1-second delay between spells. If I take two points out, it will be a .8 second cast, which will still be hard to interrupt even if for some reason my target is on me instead of my pet that early in the fight, and less time and talents will be wasted.

As such, I present my latest respec plan...
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0100000000

Prood

Post#7 » Thu May 11, 2006 11:57 am

I dont wanna sound like a queer or nothin, but i think unicorns KICK ASS!

Guide

Post#8 » Thu May 11, 2006 1:49 pm

Regarding Instant Corruption, cast time = you can't move, instant cast = cast while running (only important in pvp).

As for talents:
Health funnel is a channeled skill which means you lose DPS output when you use it. Considering you only use it during emergency, try other options (e.g. fear, drain tank, instant pet talent)

I would choose pet stamina over individual pet improvements because it benefits all pets. And I would choose imp improvement over the other 2 because it benefits in groups. Succubus tanking should be more time and mana efficient than VW tanking, so not to place heavy reliance on VW.

(edit for better word usage)
Last edited by Guide on Thu May 11, 2006 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prood

Post#9 » Thu May 11, 2006 2:58 pm

meh
I dont wanna sound like a queer or nothin, but i think unicorns KICK ASS!

Durmst

Post#10 » Thu May 11, 2006 6:04 pm

Guide

Post#11 » Thu May 11, 2006 7:20 pm

Sorry if I offended you in anyway. English is not my first language.

I am not trying to tell you to dump demonology. My first WoW character was a demonology warlock, and that was before warlock review un-gimped that tree. There were very few demonology warlocks back then because it sucked compare to afflict/destro. I chose it because I liked instant pet and soul link.

Putting that aside, what I want to say is, you should play your character however you like and tailor your talents towards the aspect that appeals to you the most. For example, if you like nukes or like to see high crits, i would suggest you go Destruction, pick up Shadowburn, Ruin, and may be Conflag.

Back to context, my last post was mostly regarding your VW usage. Health funnel and imp VW are both VW oriented talents (). I apologize, I was being too critical. VW's effectiveness and usefulness decrease more and more at higher levels (). The talent points for VW only delay the inevitable, not preventing it. Thus, I suggest to avoid those talents unless to use them as stepping stones for high level talents.

Durmst

Post#12 » Thu May 11, 2006 8:58 pm

OK, I get what you're saying now. I have noticed too that my VW has a hard time keeping aggro; I guess I keep him around mainly because he can hold adds for quite a while before dying, plus he has sacrifice which has helped me out many times. I haven't spent much time with my other pets, because I mostly solo and I have a hard time keeping my other pets alive.

You totally weren't being too critical, I wasn't offended or anything. I mentioned abandoning the demon line partly because of your input but also because Prood and I had been discussing it.

Guide

Post#13 » Fri May 12, 2006 1:28 am

Durmst

Post#14 » Fri May 12, 2006 5:55 pm

I'm not that concerned about bottom row right now. I'll get there soon anyway. My problem was needing to get a lot of PvP in before 40 for the sake of saving on my mount, so I went through with that.

Return to “Warlock”