[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Jumping on the bandwagon... - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Jumping on the bandwagon...

Warlock class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Brand

Jumping on the bandwagon...

Post#1 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:01 pm

The "check out my new spec, lol" bandwagon, that is.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

With all the recent changes to the DoT coeffecients, how could I NOT want to try out the new affliction? After some theorycraft, it looks like my corruption will be doing double damage after this patch (average 400 a tick). Melting faces? Bah. I'll be melting countries. And Unstable Affliction is just plain sexy. It rocks for PvE, since it's another corruption-style dot, and will piss off quite a few dispellers in PvP. Dark Pact now scales with spell damage, making any pet a valuable mana battery. I'm still undecided on Shadow Embrace, I've yet to hear a solid explanation on it, and am a bit hesitant to dump points into it until I fully understand it.

The only changes I'm considering is between Malediction and Improved Imp. I think eventually I'll go to Malediction unless I am absolutely required to have my imp out for the improved stamina buff.

Demonology looks awesome, but is too dependant on what demon you have out, so I don't know how it would work in raids. Destruction looks like fun, but I'll wait until I get incenerate first before trying it.

What spec are you guys going for?

Palehorse

Post#2 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:54 pm

I'm curious as to why you put points in howl of terror and 1 in curse of exhaustion; *if* i was going for 41 pt aff spec I'd put the 3 points in Malediction instead (exhaustion seems pretty weak outside of pvp since you can just use curse of recklessness to prevent people from fleeing).

I'm still trying to figure out my build but I'm leaning towards either a

heavy destro build
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0510031200

modified DS/Ruin build (similar to what i currently have)

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0010000000

or Aff build
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Brand

Post#3 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:43 pm

Main reason for CoEx and improved howl of terror is for getting people the fuck off me in pvp. As of now, locks only have one "get the fuck outta my face" move, and it's on a 2 minute cooldown. Also horde seems to enjoy gangbanging me (maybe its the sideboob robe?) so the howl of terror is useful for scattering 2 or more guys and running like hell or hitting them with dots. It's also good for those warriors who enjoy the charge / hamstring combo.

CoEx because it's only 1 point now, plus it makes dot kiting much easier when soloing.

I'd be willing to respsec and get both malediction and improved imp, but the imp HoT and CoEx will be helping me a ton in solo and pvp.

Granted I'll be respeccing about a dozen times, so this is merely temporary.
I HAVE CANDY GET IN VAN

Palehorse

Post#4 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:36 pm

yeah, as I said HoT and CoEx seem kinda useless outside of pvp. I'll have to think about my own builds >_>

destro is prob. the bottom spec I'd choose since I still don't see much threat reduction (you'd have to either get imp drain soul or go master demo for that talent-wise it seems), so at a certain point it's counterproductive to just max damage output like a mage. On the other hand, the warlock's equivalent of vamp embrace is tempting....

Palehorse

Post#5 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:25 pm

Return to “Warlock”