Moderator: Demon Hunters

Sprock

@warlocks

Post by Sprock » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:56 pm

:shock: Z O M G :shock:

you guys are over powered

dots are for noobs

discuss :evil:

just thought id generate some posting in the warlock forums.
Heal me plz k thx
- Sprock's Last words

Palehorse

Post by Palehorse » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:29 pm

"you guys are over powered"

Apparently not in pvp. Rogues <3 me since I get ganked alot by them. Gawd I need Felhunter...

"dots are for noobs"

It's push-a-few-buttons-and-watch-them-die, yes, but another reason why people go heavy aff is because it deals more consistent, reliable damage than destruction (which is basically burst damage and relies more on crits). I went heavy aff only because a few naxx-experienced warlocks said that was the best raid dps build.

Ecnailla
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 70

Post by Ecnailla » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:37 pm

Rogues are overpowered

warlocks are overpowered

hunters are overpowered

Mages are overpowered

shadow priests are overpowered

Pallys are overpowered

Shammys are over powered....

This crap gets blasted on every wow forum there is and no one will step up and just say what is really going on....

Warriors and druids just suck.

Teranus

Post by Teranus » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:10 pm

hey....... that hurts
"If only you could heal elven"
"If only you could dps teranus"

Ecnailla
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character level: 70

Post by Ecnailla » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:43 pm

Trust me... after healing for 60 lvls - warriors tanking and druids healing to back me up or so I could dps - I have much love for both. I was just trying to get a reaction out of sprock! lol.

Teranus

Post by Teranus » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:20 pm

Hey sprock where u been lately?
"If only you could heal elven"
"If only you could dps teranus"

Sprock

Post by Sprock » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:06 am

ZOMG!!! warriors don't suck. we kick ass. after also played several characters to 60 i do have to say that until recently warriors were over powered. (now we are a bit gimped, but i dont think we're nearly as bad off as some people think). I haven't played a warlock under the new patch, but back in the old days i did think i was overpowered. leveling was super easy and in a group i was a force to be feared... especially with a good tank. if the tank was good, i was free to put up tons of dots over multipal targets. didn't do a whole lot of pvp with my lock, but the whole fire and forget thing was great. dot up the battlefield than watch.
Heal me plz k thx
- Sprock's Last words

Sprock

Post by Sprock » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:10 am

Teranus wrote:Hey sprock where u been lately?

for cost reasons, i had my internet turned off so i could spend that money on other things for a few months. (long story, but a few months of unemployment while doing wonders for my ability to level up to 60 quickly and my ability to non-stop raid, took a big toll on my bank acount.) which is why at work im a forum troll, but i can't play here. I'm currently planning on having internet turned back on feb 1st, so look for me then.
Heal me plz k thx
- Sprock's Last words

Brand

Post by Brand » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:12 pm

I know you're just fishing Sprock, but I'll bite anyway.

I've heard so many "zomg nerf locks lolz" arguments before and after 2.0, and it's getting old. Most people bitch about dots, more about fear, and everyone bitches about deathcoil.

On dots: They have about the same mana cost as a nuke and do a bit more damage. They just take an extended period of time to do it. Most affliction locks are cake if you single them out before they dot tab the whole battlefield. You can kill us before dots do full damage, sit and eat. Or better yet noob warrior, travel with a priest or druid and have them heal through it or dispel. Right now dots are really shining in PvE in combination with soul siphon, but in pvp can best be described as an "inconvenience". I dunno about you, but I'd rather have dots ticking away at me with the chance that I can be healed through them than to be 3 shotted by a hunter or stunlocked 100-0 by a rogue.

On fear: It was capped in pvp to 12 seconds just like all other crowd control. It breaks much easier on damage from dots and has the heartbeat resist. There's also your trinket which is a free "lol nooblock" counter every 5 minutes. And we alliance locks can't do much with fear, considering 80% of horde is undead. I can safely say that since 2.0, my longest fear on an enemy in pvp was 5 seconds. Fear is also by far the worst PvE crowd control, as you can easily draw more mobs with it, kind of defeating the purpose of crowd control.

On deathcoil: Every clothie has a "get the fuck off me" instant cast move with a cooldown. Maybe because... uhhh, I dunno. They're clothies and can't take hits worth a shit? Wild guess, I know. Mages get frost nova and blink, priests get psychic scream (and to a lesser extent PW:S to absorb a few hits), and warlocks get death coil. The damage is negligible as is the healing effect, and it's on a 2 minute cooldown. Why do so many people have a problem with this, because the warlock can defend itself? This isn't meleecraft, if you're in my personal space prepare to GTFO for a few seconds.

I wish more people would roll lock so they could give up before level 20. I hate noobs.
I HAVE CANDY GET IN VAN

Sprock

Post by Sprock » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:31 pm

brand, how DARE you use intelligent points to counter my trolling...

NERF intellect

everyone from here needs to go over to the pally forums and start trolling.... someone needs to wake those guys up.
Heal me plz k thx
- Sprock's Last words

Gadera

Post by Gadera » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:20 pm

Brand wrote:Or better yet noob warrior, travel with a priest or druid and have them heal through it or dispel.

It's not the warriors that are noobs in this statement. It's the priest or druid who I swear thinks their heals are only self-cast.

Sprock

Post by Sprock » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:26 pm

Gadera wrote:
Brand wrote:Or better yet noob warrior, travel with a priest or druid and have them heal through it or dispel.

It's not the warriors that are noobs in this statement. It's the priest or druid who I swear thinks their heals are only self-cast.

QFT!!!!
Heal me plz k thx
- Sprock's Last words

Elvenbane
Leader
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Priest
WoW character level: 110
WoW character guild: You and Whose Army
Battle.net region: us.battle.net
Battle.net character realm: Vek'nilash
Battle.net character name: Elvenbane
Battle.net character URL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... e/advanced

Post by Elvenbane » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:10 pm

lolcoil ftw
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Context

Post by Context » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:31 pm

OMFG BRAND!!

somebody break out thier [Labotomizer] and cut that intel!!

i officially lost all desire to bitch about locks after reading that post, LOL

but i still hate getting ganked by them :P
...have trigger, will travel...

Brand

Post by Brand » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:21 am

I'm just surprised no one played the "tl;dr" card on me.
I HAVE CANDY GET IN VAN